Experience the difference of "Elite".

New Template not showing up as an option

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 1, 2016 12:59 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

When clicking "Email" from a booking and selecting "Compose new email" I don't see the template I just created (it's called "after stay email).

Please advise.

Sam Westcott
Oct 1, 2016 2:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Marinas Edge: found and fixed! You had so many custom email templates that the bottom of the "switch to template" drop-down was getting cut off. I guess we never tested with that many. If you go back to the email editor and refresh, it should show the whole list now.

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 3, 2016 11:55 AM

I guess I'm just a super user :) Love the email templates!!!! Are you planning on giving the ability to do triggers for people that have inquired but not booked any time soon :) I'd love to automate my booking pipeline even more!

Sam Westcott
Oct 3, 2016 12:40 PM

We are, yes. We are right on the edge of a bunch of trigger and email template work (eg. changing all email sending to be proper trigger events across the board). We're also adding SMS templates, quote-based triggers and more. Did you notice that triggers now have a little "adjacent days" criteria check on them? That lets you target people with an open night before or after their stay and send them an email asking if they want to buy it at a discount. Lots in the pipe line right for triggers and templates. We've done do much work on PM, ADP, Call Center and Hosting over the summer that those other areas have gone a little stale. ~Sam

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 3, 2016 3:08 PM

Sweet! I love the email triggers...one of my favorite features of the product!! I'll experiment with the adjacent days option.

Sam Westcott
Oct 3, 2016 3:19 PM

Check out the new {BADJOPEN} field code too. If you're asking someone if they want to buy an extra night, that will write out a nice description of WHICH nights are open on either side:
So your email template might look something like this:

-------------------
Hi {CFIRST},

Thank you for booking {PDISPNAME}.

I just noticed that the {BADJOPEN} your reservation is still open.

Would you like to stay an additional night for 50% off? If you are interested, please reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing {PDISPNAME}!

-Marinas Edge
-------------------

Then you set the trigger criteria to only send if adjacent days exist (the 'yes' option).

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 4, 2016 12:47 AM

Thanks. What trigger do you recommend (eg during their stay or before they arrive)? Any guidance is appreciated!0

Sam Westcott
Oct 4, 2016 8:43 AM

It depends on how badly you want to up-sell the adjacent nights. If you want to push it aggressively, I'd probably send a trigger 14 days before arrival for 30% off, then another email 3 or 4 days before arrival for 50% off. Then while they're there, maybe send the same 50% off again. Something like that.