Experience the difference of "Elite".

Initial Setup Q

Paul G
Sep 3, 2016 7:07 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 27 posts

Hi,

When I initially setup a rental property, the system gave 3 options asking on how rates would be applied:

1. same year over year
2. vary depending on dates but will REMAIN constant year over year, or
3. vary depending on dates but will CHANGE year over year.

I would like to experiment between the 3 but from what I am seeing, there is no option to change that initial selection.

Is there a way to change that selection? If there is, please provide link or information...thanks!

Chris Hynes
Sep 3, 2016 7:18 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You can change that in the Seasons and Rates sections under Settings. The setup interview populates those sections with an initial set based on that "how rates will be applied" question, but you can change that by changing the rates and seasons.

Seasons define sets of dates (specific takes start/end date or seasonal which repeats every year). Once you set up some seasons, you can then go over to rates and enter rates which are applicable to certain seasons and properties.

When quoting, the rate engine will search all applicable rates by property and season and pick the correct rate(s) based on criteria and priority.

The rate tester (available under the tools menu) is useful here to see what rates and resulting quote you will get.

Paul G
Sep 3, 2016 7:44 PM

Thanks much. :)

Janice T
Sep 5, 2016 11:36 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

Chris,
I'd like to know the reasoning behind having the seasons sorted alphabetically. I have somewhat complicated year-round rates and it would be helpful if I could sort the seasons by the calendar dates. Maybe I'm missing something that would make it easier to enter my 2017 rates?
Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Sep 5, 2016 7:05 PM

That's a good point. It's a bit complex because there are specific dates and seasonal dates types, but I think we could sort by the date including year and it would work.

I've got a hotfix in testing to allow you to sort by dates -- that should be up today or tomorrow.

Janice T
Sep 6, 2016 11:19 AM

This will be very helpful. Thanks so much, Chris!

Chris Hynes
Sep 6, 2016 7:37 PM

Sorting by period is now available on both seasons and rates.

Paul G
Sep 6, 2016 7:38 PM

two thumbs up!

Janice T
Sep 7, 2016 10:45 AM

Awesome!! Thank you!!