Experience the difference of "Elite".

Why enter Description, Amenities, Photos, etc

Paul G
Sep 3, 2016 5:30 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 27 posts

Hey all,

New to OwnerRez and just getting things configured.

I am a bit confused with entering a properties Description, Amenities, Photos, Rules etcetera under the Properties Info page.

Is this information being published somewhere? I thought that OwnerRez was a software tool only?

Thanks for the clarification!

Chris Hynes
Sep 3, 2016 7:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Rules allows you to define rules for the property that we validate on inquiry/quote/booking, like max number of adults, whether pets are allowed, min number of nights etc. It is also where you set payment rules like how much to charge for the first payment, when the second payment is, and how much the security deposit will be.

The description, amenities, and photos tabs are currently for two things:
- reference for larger groups with enough properties that they may have to look up whether a given property has a certain amenity or size
- our new hosted sites feature (currently in beta), where we will be able to host your site directly

The rules tab is important to configure, the description, amenities, photos not so much unless you're interested in hosted sites.

Paul G
Sep 3, 2016 7:43 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 27 posts

Perfect...thanks.

Jackie N
Sep 7, 2016 2:08 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 13 posts

Is there somewhere on the website that describes what some of the rules mean, specifically room restrictions and creation restrictions? I'm not sure how to respond to those. Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Sep 7, 2016 7:52 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We don't have a full doc on those, but the defaults are usually good -- let me know if you've got any additional questions here.

Bedroom restrictions is for properties that have different rates based on the number of bedrooms for a booking, using the bedroom table in the rates section. If you don't have a property where guests can book individual bedrooms, you can leave it blank and ignore it.

Creation restrictions lets you define your lead time for bookings. In other words, when someone makes a booking or inquiry, how far in the future does it have to be for you to be able to get cleaned and accept it. The default (1 day) means for any given day we won't accept same day bookings, only next day bookings. If you set it to 0, we will accept same day bookings. If you want more lead time, you can increase the value -- a week would be 7 nights, etc.

Astral Villa
Dec 14, 2020 7:11 PM
Joined Dec, 2020 1 post

where is this bedroom table? TIA

Ken T
Dec 14, 2020 7:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

We actually no longer support that particular functionality - you can see Chris' post is several years old.