Experience the difference of "Elite".

Guest selection of payment method

Sara L
Aug 16, 2016 4:24 PM
Joined Jul, 2016 12 posts

We are set up to take credit cards through OwnerRez but also offer the option of paying by check. I notice that the Credit Card information is required when filling out the Guest "Accept and Finalize" screen. That's fine because we use the CC for an Authorization on the damage deposit. But is there a way for the guest to select,"I'll mail a check"? that sort of thing. If they pay by CC, we'll add a 4% Surcharge but if they pay by check, no Surcharge. I can always send a revised quote deleting the 4% Surcharge if the guest changes their mind on payment method but it would be nice to have them commit to a payment method.

Thanks

Chris Powers

Michelle J
Aug 16, 2016 6:55 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

The guest will get the option to choose payment method on checkout, but only if it matches the rules. Credit card is always available, but check is based on the Days In Future setting under Pending & Offline Payments in the property rules.

By default, that's 15 days in future, but it looks like you've upped that to 45. Is the quote you're testing with at least 45 days from now? If not, try a farther future quote and you should see a set of radio buttons on the "How would you like to pay?" screen on the quote that lets you select "pay now by credit card" vs "send a check by mail"