Experience the difference of "Elite".

Travel Insurance

Sara L
Aug 12, 2016 12:18 PM
Joined Jul, 2016 12 posts

Good Afternoon,

Did you just change the way that the AIG travel insurance shows up on quotes and bookings? I thought I saw an optional line item show up on either quotes or bookings or both. I thought there was an optional check box and a 7% charge that would appear if checked. Now there just seems to be a link to the insurance purchase page, which is fine, since it looks clearer that we are not getting the money. Just trying to get a handle on how that works and appears to guests . . .

Michelle J
Aug 12, 2016 12:44 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's how it appears on the live quote that the guest sees. Maybe you're looking at the quote (and its charges) in a different place? That only shows in guest-facing areas like online when they go to accept/finalize and in emails to the guest.

If it's not showing there either, did you maybe turn it off? Check your Settings > Travel Insurance settings for that property.

-Michelle

Sara L
Aug 12, 2016 3:14 PM
Joined Jul, 2016 12 posts

I'm testing the system so I was probably NOT looking from the Guest side!

Thanks so much.

Chris Hynes
Aug 12, 2016 3:16 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you have travel insurance enabled, the guest can choose it during checkout.

Then, regardless of whether they chose travel insurance, you'll see a Insurance tab on the booking. If they did choose the insurance, you'll see that there. If not, it gives you the capability to send them a link to buy the insurance separately (since they've already completed checkout).