Experience the difference of "Elite".

Multiple email address or CC in email templates "To:" field

Ella
Jul 20, 2016 9:31 AM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Hello, :)
I think I've asked about this before but I couldn't find it on the Forum.
Is there a way to add multiple email addresses to the "To:" field or CC addresses for template emails? This would be very helpful.
Thank you.
Ella

Michelle J
Jul 21, 2016 8:02 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Good morning Ella!

Yes and no. If you're using field codes, the To field will automatically pick up all the booking email addresses of the guest when filling in the email. The main field code for the booking email (BGEMAIL) automatically does that. You can test that out.

Are you looking for that or looking for a separate CC line?

I believe you can also use comma (,) or semicolon (;) to separate regular email addresses in the template as well.

Ella
Jul 21, 2016 8:30 AM

Good morning Michelle! :)
I'm looking to add specific email addresses to templates that later are sent by triggers. For example have the same email sent out to the cleaning crew, owner, building manager with a reminder that guests are checking in in two days. The way I have it setup right now is identical emails being sent separately to each email address. This works, however it would be easier if everybody sees that the email was sent to all of them. It really does not matter if it's in the "To:" field or "CC:" field.
If I use comma (,) or semicolon (;), will the sent folder show me these per person ( delivered, opened etc) or as one?
Will they each see the others included in the emails when they open it, the way normal emails would work?

Thank you.

Ella
Jul 21, 2016 9:06 AM

Just to add: one of the reasons why this would be very useful would once everybody is included in the same email "reply all" can be used to keep the conversation and everyone informed.
At my own rentals I do everything myself, none of this is necessary, but for the ones that I help run this becomes a little bit complicated when it comes to communication with everyone involved.
Ella

Michelle J
Jul 21, 2016 2:26 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Thanks for that follow-up information. I believe the templates do currently send the To emails together (like a normal email message where you can see all the To's together) but I need to confirm that for you. We are planning on enhancing email templates quite a bit, and I know CC fields are going to be added. Have you considered using a group email address? For instance something like "north-property-team@domain.com" where north-property-team is a group that includes everyone you want included? They could then all see it and respond. That's not a very elegant way of handling it, but it might also work for part of this.