Experience the difference of "Elite".

External Calendar for Blocking

Glenn Moore
Jun 12, 2016 9:15 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi, is there *any* way to have an external ics calendar show up and block available dates? Most(all?) other sites allow you to add an external ics calendar to your calendar for a property to enable updates. I have a common google calendar that I manage for all my sites (vrbo, flipkey, airbnb) and I have it shown in all three sites to enable blocking. Hence when I get a new reservation on any of these sites, it will show up as a reservation on that particular site, but I also add it into my common calendar. Thus immediately all other sites have the dates blocked as well. I just can seem to figure out how to do this for ownerres without manually going in and updating its calendar for the property. I think I am missing something... there has to be a way....

Glenn

Michelle J
Jun 13, 2016 10:39 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Glenn,

You're not missing anything. Our imports (whether iCal or Excel) have always been a one-time manual process, not an automatic thing that runs all the time.

HOWEVER, that is changing right now as we speak. Because so many users have had to turn on Book It Now with the listing sites, we understand the urgency of getting automatic iCal (importing) up and running and it is being worked on actively as I speak. We hope to have a first release out later this week.

We have been inundated about this over the past few weeks and months as users struggle to deal with the listing sites demanding Book It Now while at the same time keeping calendars balanced.

Check back in a few days on this.

-Michelle