Experience the difference of "Elite".

Do VRBO bookings sync to the OwnerRez calendar?

Janice T
May 27, 2016 5:47 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

After the initial import of my bookings from VRBO to OwnerRez, will I need to manually add all subsequent VRBO bookings to my OwnerRez calendar? In other words, am I correct that VRBO bookings don't automatically sync to OwnerRez?

Chris Hynes
May 27, 2016 9:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Currently, no, they don't auto sync. You can do another import again using the tool whenever you want -- it'll tell you it can't overwrite existing bookings/blocks, but will add new ones.

Automatic sync for VRBO iCal is high on our todo list right now -- after we get the current set of things we're working on (hosted sites, call center, pm, etc.) out, that'll be top of the list -- probably a month or so.

Janice T
May 28, 2016 10:56 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

Thanks so much for the detailed answer, Chris. It's also great to know that automatic sync is on the horizon :)

Floridaloha
May 28, 2016 11:43 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 56 posts

If you import the VRBO inquiry into OwnerRez and make the reservation here, though, doesn't it update the calendar?

Chris Hynes
May 28, 2016 11:57 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, anything done in OwnerRez (create booking, accept quote, etc.) will update the calendar.

Above I was referencing a situation where you complete the booking in VRBO entirely -- at that point you do need to pull in the block via iCal sync (or manually create it).