Experience the difference of "Elite".

Review Widget?

Rebecca
May 17, 2016 12:26 PM
Joined Apr, 2016 3 posts

Greetings!

So far I love Owner Rez. At the moment I am trying to come up with a way to allow guests to review our property on our website. I realize there are a number of third party widgets available, with the more capable ones coming with a monthly fee. However, it seems that it would make more sense for a review widget to be integrated through Owner Rez. I'm sure I can't be the only one asking this question, are there any plans to introduce reviews?

On another note, I'd love to hear from anybody that has brought VRBO reviews onto their webpage, and how they went about doing it.

Thank you to anyone who replies!
Rebecca

Michelle J
May 17, 2016 2:24 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Rebecca,

We do actually have plans for reviews, yes! We've had a couple of small projects on the back burner for that for awhile. The idea is to collect reviews from the listing sites (VRBO, FK, Air) if you have the mapping configured in our system so that we know which property goes to what listing. Then there would be a widget for you to display on your website exactly as you describe.

I don't have a hard ETA on this, but it's something asked for before and something definitely on the roadmap.

-Michelle

Rebecca
May 18, 2016 8:12 AM
Joined Apr, 2016 3 posts

Thanks for the reply Michelle,

I'm be looking forward to the widget being available. I imagine with all the owners stepping away from VRBO and HomeAway they will be very keen to be able to bring reviews with them to help them rebuild their business as quickly as possible.

Thanks for all the great work you're doing!

Rebecca

mvweis
Jul 24, 2017 8:56 AM
Joined Nov, 2015 4 posts

I would like to see a way to store reviews from guests in each reservation record in ownerez and then have a widget to display these on my web page.

I used to display the VRBO reviews using their widget on my webpage but I'm getting fed up with Homeaway and don't want to direct people to their sites because of the fees they charge guests.

Any idea when this review feature may become available?

Maria

Chris Hynes
Jul 25, 2017 3:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Thanks for the vote on the reviews! That helps us prioritize things to do.

I don't have a set date for you yet, but I can tell you that it's moving up the to-do list in priority.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 25, 2017 4:21 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

yes to reviews too. I have them saved as text and I manually add to website but that is not the best way. will the new widget also allow guest to enter a review?