Experience the difference of "Elite".

Taking credit card numbers vs. invoicing and having them fill it out?

Floridaloha
Apr 14, 2016 8:12 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 56 posts

OK, so I've come to that critical moment when I actually have to bill someone through the system! I've entered their booking information. I've set up an account with SecureNet/WorldPay. How is it that I invoice someone so that they enter their own credit card information or do they have to provide it to me? Am I directly connected with SecureNet/WorldPay at this time? Should I have them use a Book It button instead?

I also need to let them know how the security deposit will be handled and I'm not sure how to inform them of this ahead of time.

I think once I do this a time or two it will be easier but right now I don't know if I'm doing the right thing and I don't want to screw up.

Michelle J
Apr 14, 2016 8:18 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Nancy,

Did you add your SecureNet payment method to OwnerRez? If not, go to Settings > Payment Methods > Add Payment Method and put it in. That "connects" OwnerRez to your SecureNet account.

Following that, create a quote and email it to the guest. To do that, go to Quotes > Create Quote and fill it in. Then check the Charges tab (on the new quote) to make sure the rates are right. Then use the Email tab to send it.

That's it! They'll open/see the quote and be guided through accepting, signing renter agreement and making payment.

You can also just send them the "quote payment form" link when you created the quote too. When you're at the the quote, click on the Payment Form tab.

-Michelle

Michelle J
Apr 14, 2016 8:24 PM

I just noticed that you said you "entered the booking" already. If it's a brand new booking, it's better to send a quote so that guest can go through the steps the quote covers - listing their point of contacts, signing renter agreement, entering credit card, etc.

However, if you'd like to keep the manual booking you created, you can do that too. To send an "invoice" to pay, go to the Payments tab (under the booking - open the booking first) and then send the guest the "Guest URL" link. You can open the link yourself to see what they will see.

(The payment forms won't take credit card payment, however, if your SecureNet account isn't connected to OwnerRez, so do that first)

-Michelle

Floridaloha
Apr 14, 2016 8:58 PM

All but one of these are "old" bookings. Some of these folks I'd already sent quotes and agreements. They were part of porting all the current calendar information over from HomeAway/VRBO during the trial period. Some of them have already paid their reservation deposits and just owe me the balances. Most are coming in the fall and winter 2017 so there is time. The short term ones this month are from AirBnB and they have already paid through their system. I just wanted to record them here because of keeping a master record of all bookings from here on forward.

I got one brand new booking today, which is the first after the trial period. So I'm off to the races! As you suggested, I will see about setting that one up as a quote, however, so I can get it processed properly. I'm still awaiting finalized dates from them.

Michelle J
Apr 14, 2016 9:02 PM

Right, if you're still finalizing dates, then I would definitely use quotes. That's the way to go. You can adjust the quote, or create multiple ones for different dates (and billing settings) and they accept/pay for the ones they want. The system won't let them book the same dates twice, of course, so no worries there.

Floridaloha
Apr 15, 2016 4:26 PM

OK, so I first checked to see that I'd put in my ID and secure key for SecureNet, and I had done that. I cancelled the two bookings and created quotes for each of the two guests I wanted to invoice and pay.

I sent both guests their respective quotes. I just got a call back from one of them (Mr. Livermore) saying that he clicked through to agree and then pay, but the bank refused the transaction. He is certain he'd entered his information correctly. I called SecureNet to see if anything was amiss on their end. They said that I had to "include a pay button on my website with code." I tried to explain to her that you include this on the email but she didn't understand.

I double checked that my secure key was correct and in fact copied and pasted it again to make sure, and it was.

I'm not sure why the bank won't connect to make the payment. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Michelle J
Apr 15, 2016 4:33 PM

Nancy, I'll ask someone here to take a look at the banking logs here to see if we can get more detail.

In the meantime, are you sure the guest just didn't have an actual banking problem with their card? If it was a for a higher amount, some guests get security warnings from their banks. They need to call and make sure the bank allows it. We see this a small percentage of the time.

I'll see if we can find the actual banking error that was returned. That should shed more light on the situation.

Michelle J
Apr 15, 2016 4:42 PM

Nancy, we looked at the latest banking logs for your account. I see the decline messages that you're seeing. SecureNet is returning this message when you try to process credit cards:

***MERCHANT ACCOUNT IS NOT ENABLED FOR ECOM TRANSACTIONS***

It looks like the merchant account you set up with SecureNet was not configured/enabled right on their end.

I'm guessing "ECOM" means e-commerce. So they're saying that your merchant account isn't enabled for online/internet processing.

Call SecureNet right away and tell them about this message. They should be able to help you from here.

Floridaloha
Apr 15, 2016 4:42 PM

I just wrote the guest to ask him if he'd double checked the number and if the bank wasn't just sending him a security notice. I think he said it was an error message with the form itself.

Maybe we can try it out using me as a guinea pig? I can try to charge a small amount and we can see if it goes through. What do you think?

Michelle J
Apr 15, 2016 4:44 PM

SecureNet has a list of error codes on their website in this PDF:

https://www.securenet.com/sites/default/files/Error%20Codes.pdf

On the fourth page of the PDF, you can see the error message that I mentioned in my previous post. That's the one we're seeing coming back.

The guest is right - this not from his bank. This message is coming from SecureNet and telling you that your account is not enabled for e-commerce/online transactions. They should be able to help you fix it.

Floridaloha
Apr 15, 2016 4:53 PM

The CS person at SecureNet says that in order for ecommerce to be enabled, I need to put a pay button on my website that has source code in it. Do you know what she means by that? Would it help for you to talk with this person? I explained to her that the whole payment system was set up linked through your software and that people didn't pay directly from my website. She didn't seem to understand. I'm afraid I'd just get the same answer if I called back.

Edited to add, here is the log she just sent via email. Says "resolved" but it's not.

Name: Nancy
Mid: XXXXX88
Issue:
* merchant is having integration issues. She is sending invoices from Owner Reservation
Resolution:
* I advised the merchant how we normally integrate with other websites. However, the merchant is stated the Owner Reservations writes there owns codes and she send invoices from their websites. I advised merchant that she has to send invoices from our system, so we can process the payment. She stated she will call the other company back for more assistance. resolved

Sam Westcott
Apr 15, 2016 5:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Nancy, the person you're talking to is giving you mindless scripted responses. They don't know what they're talking about. Do you have a Virtual Terminal login with them? Might be this: https://terminal.securenet.com. Contact our ticket system at help@ownerreservations.com and give us the login for that, and we'll take a look for you. There may be a setting that needs to be turned on. Otherwise, we'll advise you on what to do next. The bottom line is that something on the SecureNet side is not configured correctly. We have many users using SecureNet accounts and none of them are returning this message other than your account. Thx, ~Sam

Floridaloha
Apr 15, 2016 5:06 PM

Sent!