Experience the difference of "Elite".

Automatic emails/triggers additional settings

Ella
Feb 20, 2016 9:52 AM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Hi there,
I'm wondering if you are planning on implementing a bit more detailed settings for triggers. Emails are sent right before 4 a.m., after 3 a.m. eatern time with the current settings and don't work very well for me.
Having either specific hours or at least windows of hours would be a lot better.
Case example: I have an automatic email to be sent a day prior to departure with certain reminders about check out. It would be nice if that email arrived sometime in the afternoon, not the moment the guests wakes up.
Guests staying only two nights receive this email right after spending the night and I think that's a bit too early. Sending in the morning of check out however it's a little bit too late for me.
Thank you for consideration.
Ella

Michelle J
Feb 22, 2016 6:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Good morning Ella,

That's a great question. Yes, we are expanding triggers - we have a number of development updates coming there, but most of them are on the criteria side. For instance, increasing the type of events for when triggers are sent or which bookings/quotes qualify.

At the moment, we don't have any updates planned for sending it during certain hours or specifying the time zone to be sent in. However, that's a really great idea. I can see how that could be frustrating for you depending on where in the world you're sending from. And it's true that some types of trigger emails may be better received by the guest later in the day or even in the evening.

-Michelle

Erica M
Aug 24, 2017 12:02 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 2 posts

Same issue I am having with guests. Would really like to at least have time stamps be in our local time zone- PST, and the customization time of day would be ideal. The Check Out email is too rushed for a 2 night stay and most of our bookings are 2 night stays.

Along the same lines...

Too many guests say they did not get an email at all when I know they did (automatic), I am wondering if goes into spam folders because of the proxy address?

In the email tab, I have found that some Check-in emails sent to the guest do not have the "opened" icon next to it and when you drill into it there is no time stamp of when they have opened it....yet they end up Checking-In just fine. (They must have got the email because how would they have known the door code otherwise?) Something is off on the tracking.