Experience the difference of "Elite".

iCal Synch Time Zone

Marina's Edge Re
Jul 17, 2015 1:11 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Is there a way to adjust the iCal calendar synch timezone to the timezone where the property is located? I'd use this for my maid to know from her calendar when people are checking in and checking out.

Sam Westcott
Jul 18, 2015 9:48 AM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Marinas Edge: At the moment, no. We talked about this briefly yesterday. It would take a couple of internal changes, none of which are super hard, but we'd need to do those things before it would be possible. Thanks for suggesting - it's a needed feature.

Marina's Edge Re
Jul 19, 2015 10:03 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Thanks. It's not super critical.

Andrew
Oct 12, 2019 10:53 AM
Joined Aug, 2019 2 posts

I know this is an old topic but had there been any progress with this? We have our calendar synced to Google but bookings display 4 hours earlier than they are supposed to.

Chris Hynes
Oct 12, 2019 10:15 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, it's been a long time and we've added a feature for this :-D

The calendar will use the property time zone you have set on the General Info tab of the property.

Looks like you've got that set to Eastern right now, and I double checked the iCal and it is showing Eastern there as well.

If you look in the Google Calendar side is it showing that Eastern time designation?

Andrew
Oct 13, 2019 7:20 AM
Joined Aug, 2019 2 posts

Yes, after posting we did some more digging and found that setting. Took a little while for it to take effect and sync but lol is good now thanks.