Experience the difference of "Elite".

Analytics on Price

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 20, 2015 12:46 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

We are trying to optimize our price and I want to do some analytics to determine booking rate based on the price we offer.

Would it be possible to add the "Total $" field to the Quote data export? I need this information to do my analytics.

Sam Westcott
Feb 21, 2015 1:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

I can see the need for that, but not possible right now. Under the covers, we don't store the TotalAmount field in the database actually. It's calc'd on the fly by running through the charges. Booking stores Total but not quote. We could still spit it out in the export probably. ~Sam

Chris Hynes
Feb 21, 2015 2:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I was able to work around the issues Sam mentioned and add a total to the Quote export. It basically sums up all of the charges on the quote as its going through the export. I just hotfixed that up to prod.

I'm curious... what sort of analytics are you doing here? Is it something that would be useful to add as a report in the reports section?

Also, have you given any more thought to the guest blog post we were discussing a couple of months ago? If I remember right, you were thinking to write about setting up processes and analytics to increase conversions, automated surveys, automated review requests, etc.

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 21, 2015 6:24 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Awesome. I'll run the analytics and share with you. Basically I want to understand my booking rate as a function of price to see if I have my price optimized.

I'll work on the blog post this week. Should I post to my own blog and u pick it up or shall I post directly to yours?

Sam Westcott
Feb 22, 2015 12:44 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Either way. If you want to post it to ours, send me the body and title and I'll stick it up. If you post it to yours, send the URL and we'll copy it over. ~Sam