Experience the difference of "Elite".

Triggers not working "0" Days after booking

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 16, 2015 11:32 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I had a trigger set for 0 days after booking that used to work but isn't working now. This trigger used to remind me to set the key code and I had it triggered at 0 days so that I would be reminded immediately after a booking.

Michelle J
Feb 17, 2015 8:10 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Marinas Edge,

Can you provide me a booking # for one of the triggers that was supposed to go out today or yesterday and didn't? Go to the booking, click the Email tab and look at the triggers table. It should have a status message.

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 17, 2015 2:05 PM

ORB339325 "Will Not Run"

Michelle J
Feb 17, 2015 2:26 PM

I see the issue. This is a result of a slight change in how triggers run versus the previous scheduled system. To avoid sending thousands of old emails, the system records a Last Attempt date on each trigger (you can see that value if you open the trigger under settings). If trigger events are created in such a way where the event date occurs before the Last Attempt for that trigger, the event won't run.

To correct it for your situation, change the Days Offset value to 1 day after booking and it will go out the next morning. This is, in practice, exactly the same as what you had. Before, doing "0 days" would basically go out the next morning.

Triggers are going to be expanded to include a lot of other event types as well as non-date events. So you'll be able to get instant sends for things like new booking or booking paid in full.

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 17, 2015 7:46 PM

OK, thanks. I modified it.

Will the new triggers include the ability to send a follow-up email a certain number of days after a quote goes out IF the quote doesn't result in a booking? This would be awesome as a follow-up mechanism for folks that inquired but didn't book...

Michelle J
Feb 18, 2015 8:39 AM

We do plan on adding triggers for inquiries and quotes. That sort of "if" criteria is also being considered, though I've only heard it mentioned in reference to bookings. I'm sure the same could be done for quotes.

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 18, 2015 10:44 AM

Great. I'm betting we would all get more bookings if it existed..