Experience the difference of "Elite".

Grant access

Ella
Jan 31, 2015 9:30 PM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Hello,
One of the features listed is granting access : https://www.ownerrez.com/features/access
How does one grant access?
I might be helping someone soon take bookings for their vacation rental. So, I assume this person will need to set up a seperate account and their own merchant account. If I wanted to send quotes and take bookings for them, how would we go about it? I understand I could just log in, having the log in info, but can I take bookings for them while logged in in my account? Of course, they'll be the ones paying your monthly per booking fee and other merchant fees.
Thank you in advance :)
Ella

Michelle J
Feb 2, 2015 1:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Ella,

Sorry for the delay in responding and thanks for your questions!

That page was supposed to be changed awhile back. It my have gotten put back up. Our Grant Access feature, while developed, was never wildly released because of some issues we had with it and a desire to focus on some other key areas. At the moment, you'd have to use a shared email address to login with the other person.

You can, however, have multiple payment methods (merchant accounts) configured in your account with different properties having credit card deposits sent to different ones. That would allow you to share a single account but have different merchants for the various properties.

-Michelle

Ella
Feb 3, 2015 4:38 PM

Ok. Thank you.

Ella
Feb 19, 2015 7:07 PM

This may be a little far fetched, but is there a way to split payments for a booking between two bank accounts? Say I would be helping for a commission, would it be possible for a partial payment to be sent to me while the rest is sent to the owner of the rental?
If not, I wonder if that could be a good feature to include if at all possible.
Ella

Sam Westcott
Feb 21, 2015 1:45 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Ella: At the moment, that's not possible. Sounds like you're looking for PM->owner management where you can set up a name for who owns a particularly property (which you manage) and then send ACH payments to them. We've been asked for that by a number of the larger users. ~Sam

Ella
Feb 28, 2015 5:16 PM

@Michelle "You can, however, have multiple payment methods (merchant accounts) configured in your account with different properties having credit card deposits sent to different ones. That would allow you to share a single account but have different merchants for the various properties."

Does that mean that I can add a merchant account for another person under my account? (This way they get paid, while I don't have to create another user name/log in)

I'm asking because it looks like I might be helping more than one person soon, if it works well for me :)

Ella

Michelle J
Mar 1, 2015 8:16 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi again Ella!

You can definitely add multiple payment methods into your account (see Settings > Payment Methods).

That is a great way of managing someone else's property while ensuring that the money goes to them directly. Just add a new payment method and set the "Use On Properties" field to the correct properties for the other person, and you'll be set.

-Michelle

Ella
Mar 1, 2015 8:34 AM

Hi Michelle :)
Great! Thank you.

I might be back with more questions when the time comes.
I appreciate your answers and help.

Ella