Experience the difference of "Elite".

Canadian bank and/or dollars

Glenn Moore
Sep 11, 2014 1:58 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Howdy,

I have put a second property on this system (I love the scheduled emails), but it is in Canada. I know that it could not be done before, but just checking in to see if it can now be done... is it possible to price and bill in Canadian dollars and is it possible to have the funds to go my Canadian bank account for this particular property?

Glenn

Chris Hynes
Sep 26, 2014 7:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We don't have any official support for multi currency yet, but you could set up a separate merchant account that charges in Canadian dollars rather than USD and use it just for that property. The reports wouldn't convert things back and forth, but the pricing and charging would be done in CAD vs. USD.

We're in the planning stages for multi-currency in the works, but that's a large feature with many moving parts, so we want to make sure we get it right.

Ocean Zen
Mar 3, 2023 10:22 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 70 posts

Hi Chris, I have been searching and I still don't see anything on Multi-currency 8 years later... am I not finding it or is it still on the Roadmap? I have a property in Europe and need to have it in Euros if possible. I do have an European Payment processor connected to OR and can accept Euros. How would I get OR to process the reservation in Euros?

Ken T
Mar 3, 2023 10:58 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1550 posts

Hmm, I'm a bit confused by this - OwnerRez has supported multiple currencies for a long time, though perhaps not as far back as 2014.  You can set them either for your account as a whole in the Culture section of Settings main menu, or optionally, individually by property.  We have a great many clients using this functionality successfully for several years now, Euros should be no problem.

Maarten H
Feb 19, 2024 11:16 AM
Joined Jul, 2022 18 posts

Hi, my main currency is EUR but my listing for Hopper gives an error, stating I have to give a price in USD.

Can I change this just for Hopper? Changing all to USD doesn't make a lot of sense, the majority of my guests are European

Ken T
Feb 20, 2024 11:06 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1550 posts

OwnerRez does not do currency conversions, so, an individual OwnerRez property can only be in one currency.

However, it is possible to create a copy of the property in OwnerRez, and assign a different currency to that copy.  You can use our Mutual Blocking system to link the calendars so as not to get double bookings.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff

That way, you could use the dollar-denominated copy of the property with Hopper, and the original Euro-denominated version everywhere else.