Experience the difference of "Elite".

vacationrentals.com calendar update

Jacques L
Jun 14, 2014 7:45 AM
Joined Jun, 2014 50 posts

2 of my 3 properties only have vacationrentals.com listings. Is it possible to auto-update this calendar or only if I also have a paid homeaway.com listing and link them?

Michelle J
Jun 14, 2014 8:07 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Jacques,

I spent some time looking into this for you. Since I don't have direct access to the owner side of a VacationRentals.com listing, I have to give you third hand information.

It has been said that the previous ability to sync with iCal no longer works, and HomeAway uses their standard one-calendar system throughout. So when you go to "edit calendar" in your VacationRentals.com listing, you'll see the HA calendar system embedded.

It has also been suggested that you _should_ be able to login to the HomeAway website as they use a single sign on system everywhere. Just use your VacationRentals.com credentials when logging in. If that works, you can provide that information to our system in the Settings > Linked Accounts area under HomeAway and we should be able to keep it up to date.

-Michelle

Jacques L
Jun 21, 2014 12:12 PM
Joined Jun, 2014 50 posts

Thanks for checking into it for me. Not going to work with my current setup, since I'm not synch'ing homeaway and VR so that I can use the pay-per-booking on homeaway to try to fill my last 4 vacancies for the summer. No biggie for this year, as we're closing in on full. Won't necessarily be using VR again, it doesn't seem as effective as it was in past years.