Experience the difference of "Elite".

scheduled booking email - 0 days after booked

Ella
May 25, 2014 11:31 AM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Hello,
Will putting "0" days after booked send an instant or same day email to the guest?
Thinking of providing directions to guests right after booking was made.
Thank you
Ella

Ella
May 25, 2014 2:03 PM

After playing a little in the bookings section I did discover that if you put 0 it does indeed schedule the email to be sent on that day. :)

Michelle J
May 26, 2014 7:39 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Ella,

The other option - if you want to send directions/instructions at the time of booking - is to add custom paragraphs to the booking confirmation email. You can find that under the Property > Email Settings > Booking Confirmation To Guest. You can add as many custom paragraphs to the email as you want. This email will eventually be changed to an email template - we're moving everything to the email template system - but will work for the time being.

-Michelle

Ella
May 26, 2014 9:22 AM

It did not work.
Under emails for that "booking" ( deleted url ) it says " This email failed to be sent. Reason: A 'TO' email address is required." In my template I have {PAYBFULL} for To: field . It seems to be correct. Any ideas?
Ella

Ella
May 26, 2014 10:40 AM

Got it! Needs to be changed to {CEMAIL}, not {PAYBGEMAIL} (as there were no payments made)

Michelle J
May 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Hi Ella,

You probably want to use a Booking field code, not a Payment one. Something like BGFULL for the name and BGEMAIL for the email address. BGFULL is the full name of the booking guest. BGEMAIL is the email address of the booking guest.

-Michelle

Michelle J
May 26, 2014 10:43 AM

Yes, exactly right.

-Michelle

Ella
Jun 1, 2014 11:52 PM

I'm curious, What is the frequency of sending the emails?
It does seem that under the "0" setting emails get sent next day or late at night.
I've set up directions with the booking confirmation for now, as Michelle suggested, because of that. The paragraphs allowed there are a bit short, hence why seperate email made sense to me.
Ella

Michelle J
Jun 2, 2014 9:29 AM

Hi Ella,

Great question. Scheduled emails are sent once ever day between 1-3 AM EST. If you set a scheduled email to be sent for 0 days, it will be sent the next morning (assuming it's after 1-3 AM EST).

We have some designs for scheduled emails and templates that will add a lot more flexibility. For instance, the ability to send based on events and not just time. An "event" is something like when a booking is created or when a second payment is collected or when the booking is paid in full.

-Michelle