Experience the difference of "Elite".

Access to Back-End Data

Marina's Edge Re
Apr 14, 2014 12:22 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Is there anyway to connect to the data from the back-end yet? I want to automate some of my dashboards that I build from the data.

Damon

Michelle J
Apr 14, 2014 9:35 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Damon,

We have some web hooks and APIs available that you could get access to, but you'd need to do some custom programming to integrate. Is that something you're interested in?

-Michelle

Marina's Edge Re
Apr 14, 2014 5:35 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I'm not a programmer, but I know a bunch of them :) Can you email me some documentation or give me a rough idea of how much coding time it might take?

Damon

Michael A
Aug 20, 2014 5:29 PM
Joined Aug, 2014 3 posts

Was there an answer to the post?

I am a programmer and would like to know what I am able to work with. I am building a website for our community of 1200 homes with about 40% used as rentals since we are in a very seasonal town, Yuma AZ. Many older adults where I am going to have to hold their hand or just do it myself.

Most owners are wanting to rent their places for the season 6 months Nov - April

I have lined up a house cleaning service, that will enable property owner the ability to rent their places by the week or more important, I am going to extend the season to include May and June by offering workshops in Pottery, Glass Blowing, Wood Carving, Lapidary, Jewelry making.

The limit I face is that the community is a 55 year old or older.

Do I understand correct, if we use your credit card processing, then we will not be charged for the app?
Your comments are appreciated

Chris Hynes
Aug 21, 2014 12:44 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We do have a full API, but currently it's shared with a select few partners as the surface area is a bit tight. Can you give me an idea of the kinds of operations you'd like to do (add properties, create bookings, answer inquiries, rate quotes, etc.)? We'd be happy to open things up to you if we've got the right fit. I can send you over an API doc that will outline what we currently support if that would help.

That sounds like a great opportunity for owners to make use of their properties and share with guests. To clarify, when you say 55 or older, does that mean that the owners must be 55 or all guests and potential renters must be 55 as well?

Yes, you are correct -- if you use our credit card processing, the app is free. We can set up direct processing, or white label with you integrating with owners separately.

Michael A
Aug 21, 2014 11:04 AM
Joined Aug, 2014 3 posts

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am a programmer, C#,vb,php,python,bla bla

I am in the process of creating a few websites for the Gated Retirement Community where I live called Country Roads Village with 1200. I have gotten into the politics in Country Roads, which offers an unbelievable variety of activities from Dancing to the Arts. We have world class; Pottery studio, Lapidary Studio, Wood working Shop and much more. I am building a web application for Residents to get information on the activities for the Day or Week, there are a host of Clubs and Groups. 2 Tennis, 2 Pickle Ball, 10 Championship sized Pool Tables and on and on. I am also building a secure site for the Board of Directors and management of Country Roads Village. There are 35 maintenance people, so in the future I will build a job flow site.

I have been modifying an old Real Estate site that also includes rentals, but it is designed for property managers, not home owners. I could modify the code, but I have so many projects going right now, your app seems to eliminate a lot of my time.

There are a lot of older people here, that is going to require me to hold classes on how to operate the website and in many cases I will just do the work for them. I have already started taking pictures and logging into the database all the pertinent information on both Sales and Rentals.

This is a vacation village. There are maybe 200 people here right now. Why, it is Yuma Arizona where the outside temps are 110F

We are only one in many Retirement Communities in Yuma Arizona. My plan is to start in Country Roads and then reach out to others. Yuma grows from a population of 60,000 in the Summer to 120,000 in the Winter. Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tucson and the Grand Canyon to follow.

Now I will be anchored by the fact that Country Roads and many others maintain a strict 55 year old policy. The rules read "One house hold member must be 55 years old or older" Children are not allowed in the Common area(the pools and all of the activities) unless it is a major holiday.

All guests and potential renters must be 55 as well

If you think we might me a fit, please send over the API Docs.

Thanks for your time
Michael Alberga

Rich S
Feb 4, 2019 10:44 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Hi folks,

I'm eager to figure out a solution to generate periodic (weekly?) reports which would capture information about a variety of topics.

Example use cases:
- report for cleaner listing departure dates
- report for owners showing availability gaps
- report for owners showing the value of bookings this season

I understand this can't be automated currently in OR, but I've read that y'all have webhooks and a full API... Can you send me information on the webhooks? I use a crm platform (Podio + globiflow + procfu) which has a workflow engine that makes this kind of reporting possible, I just need a way to get access to the raw data.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 4, 2019 1:23 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Rich S said:

Hi folks,

I'm eager to figure out a solution to generate periodic (weekly?) reports which would capture information about a variety of topics.

Example use cases:
- report for cleaner listing departure dates
- report for owners showing availability gaps
- report for owners showing the value of bookings this season

I understand this can't be automated currently in OR, but I've read that y'all have webhooks and a full API... Can you send me information on the webhooks? I use a crm platform (Podio + globiflow + procfu) which has a workflow engine that makes this kind of reporting possible, I just need a way to get access to the raw data.

have you looked at standard set of OR reports? I think 2 of the 3 things you asking for already exist

Paul W
Feb 4, 2019 4:02 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Rich, the webhooks we have are limited to specific partners only as they are really tailored to specific use cases. We've love to open that up for wider access but it would take a lot of time for cleanup and testing that we haven't been able to allocate. You can find information about the API under the Account button > API Access option.