Experience the difference of "Elite".

Updating Calendar

cp9293
Oct 16, 2013 11:57 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

I am not sure if it is only me, but I do not see my calendar being updated on the VRBO and HomeAway calendar.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Oct 17, 2013 7:02 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia, thanks for letting us know. We're looking into it. We have seen some intermittent issues over the past few weeks that other users have reported. It's been hard to pin down since some HAC updates are working as normal.

-Michelle

cp9293
Oct 17, 2013 10:29 AM

Interesting. Maybe you can check if it may have something to do with Bundling. The only thing that may have changed was that I bundled HomeAway and VRBO.

Also, VRBO is my main website, not HomeAway. So, maybe it needs to be updated with the VRBO link and not the HomeAway. I will wait to hear from you before I test that theory.

I don't know if that is when it started. I can't remember. I just know that it isn't updating now. It could have been when it was bundled. :)

Claudia

cp9293
Oct 17, 2013 10:31 AM

The more I think about it, if it has to do with the bundling (done on 9/13 for me), I think they told me that any updates will come from my VRBO site. Thus, if I had the VRBO calendar as the SYNC, then maybe it would update. Can I use the VRBO site as the sync calendar?

Claudia

Michelle J
Oct 17, 2013 2:36 PM

Hi Claudia,

We sync with HomeAwayConnect (https://www.homeawayconnect.com) which is supposed to work with any VRBO or HomeAway property, regardless of where/what you have bundled.

That being said, maybe your HAC account got out of sync with the bundle thing they did?

Can you contact HAC and see if it's still configured correctly for your VRBO/HA listings?

If you login to HAC, it should show you your listings there too.

-Michelle

Michelle J
Oct 30, 2013 4:03 PM

Claudia, are you still seeing any problems? Over the past week, we've been working through different scenarios to make sure that everyones' calendars are updating right. All our testing is positive at this point, and we haven't heard of anything in awhile. I wanted to circle back to you since you opened a thread here and see if your calendars are okay?

-Michelle

cp9293
Oct 30, 2013 9:11 PM

Hi Michelle,

I have not changed the information you recommended yet. I haven't had time, so I can't answer it yet.

Claudia

cp9293
Oct 31, 2013 12:24 PM

I think it is working now, since I don't remember entering a manual reservation for a booking on VRBO.

Thanks,
Claudia

cp9293
Nov 11, 2013 9:38 AM

BTW, it does work now. I meant to come back and let you know.

However, HomeAway is now getting rid of HomeAway Connect in December. Are you aware of this? I believe we now have to find a new calendar system for HomeAway. Can we enter your URL without giving the personal information to the guests, when they look at the calendar?

I know you were thinking about doing this, at one time, for the third party information, but I am not sure if it in effect now.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Nov 11, 2013 10:17 AM

Hi Claudia,

Yes, we're aware of the HomeAwayConnect disconnect happening at the end of the year. We're planning to integrate with VRBO/HomeAway a separate way so that your calendar will still remain updated as always.

-Michelle

chanson
Dec 29, 2013 6:29 PM
Joined May, 2012 5 posts

I just found out my VRBO & Homeaway Calendar's are not updating again. Is there something I need to do? Paul send out a "Happy Thanksgiving" message with the following "You'll need to provide your VRBO or HomeAway credentials, along with security questions/answers that you've provided them, so that we can facilitate the integration." But I don't see where I can change?

Thanks,

Claudia

Michelle J
Jan 4, 2014 12:26 PM

We're not quite finished with this release but you'll be back up and running in a day or so. We're in the process of releasing all the new stuff now.

If you go to the Linked Accounts sections (link here:)

https://secure.ownerrez.com/linkedaccounts

You can see what accounts you have linked and provide credentials for them if they're not already filled in.

You can fill in your listing IDs (such as your VRBO #) for each property and select to sync the calendar.

-Michelle

J. Marker
Sep 10, 2014 1:29 PM
Joined Sep, 2012 19 posts

Hi Owner Rez,

We noticed this past week that our VRBO calendar does not seem to be updating.

Yesterday morning we received a message from you that said There is a problem with our linked VRBO account.

How to Resolve: Please update your credentials so that we can access your VRBO account

I'm not sure what changed. I updated the rate page on VRBO for one of our rentals on Monday the 8th, but no change to user name or password.

Please advise what I need to check or fix - or if I need to call VRBO/HomeAway.

Thank you,
Laurie Elliott
laurie@riversideproperties.org
509-885-6077

Chris Hynes
Sep 10, 2014 1:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

This looks to have been a momentary glitch on VRBO's side where they returned a bad credentials error.

I reset your account and ran a verify calendar sync and everything went through smoothly.

Does your calendar look to be up to date now?

J. Marker
Sep 10, 2014 3:47 PM
Joined Sep, 2012 19 posts

Hello Chris,

We had two bookings go through this morning and both have been uploaded onto the VRBO calendar - so it must be working now! Thank you.

Much appreciated,

Darillyn
Reservations manager, Riverside Properties
contracts@riversideproperties.org