Experience the difference of "Elite".

Importing rates from homeaway advert and Chf

Beyulapartments
Jul 8, 2013 6:06 PM
Joined Jul, 2013 4 posts

Hi,

When setting up a new property is it possible to import the info of rates and availability from pre-existing homeaway advert?

Secondly we only work in Swiss francs, CHF, is there any sign of this being supported soon?

Thanks,

d.

Michelle J
Jul 9, 2013 8:16 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Beyulapartments,

At the moment, we don't have any way of importing rates and old bookings from HomeAway. You'd need to manually enter them into your system. We do offer an Excel import for new customers. If you're interested, I'll send you the Excel template to you (this is for importing bookings).

At the moment, we only support USD currency. We've discussed (many many times) adding non-USD currencies, but there are several obstacles that we have to overcome to make that work seamlessly.

Could you tell me what all you'd like supported with CHF? Some questions...

Are you looking to support multiple/mixed currencies for your guests, or just CHF for everyone?

Do you have a payment gateway (for credit card payments) that you work with already that supports CHF?

PayPal supports CHF. Are you fine using that if we required it in order to support CHF?

-Michelle

Beyulapartments
Jul 9, 2013 8:45 AM
Joined Jul, 2013 4 posts

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the reply.

The excel sheet is a good idea. I take it that I can copy and paste my sheet to it and then import it so it would save me a lot of back and forth entering. Please send it to me.

I read in another thread that you don't charge for existing bookings, is that correct?

We already use paypal to receive payments and also bank transfers. Only these two options. As we are living in Switzerland and working within Chf we only take payments in Chf. However we have guests from all over the world so they need the ability to convert.

Even if we could leave the $ sign out of the correspondence and we could mention Chf ourselves in normal script somewhere, then that could work.... Maybe?

So yes to paypal.

thanks

Diarmuid

Michelle J
Jul 9, 2013 9:22 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Diarmuid,

I just sent you the Excel file, with some instructions, in an email. Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Yes, those bookings will be free. Additionally, anything you enter within the trial period (30 days from sign up) is free.

At the moment, we only support the PayPal gateways. They are called PayPal Payments Pro and PayPal PayFlow. We don't support regular PayPal where the user is taken to PayPal's website to enter/select their payment information. We do plan on supporting that in the near future.

The "$" notation is hard-coded throughout the system. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable or hide that. I will let you know what we decide here as this develops further.

-Michelle

Beyulapartments
Jul 9, 2013 3:12 PM
Joined Jul, 2013 4 posts

Hi Michelle,

I have another twist to this I would like to ask you about.

Most of our property owners like to do their own bookings. This means that I would be entering the bookings they send me to help me with my scheduling and keeping track of cleaning costs and commission.

Then some clients ask me to do all the bookings also.

How would this work within your system?

Thanks,

Diarmuid

Sam Westcott
Jul 9, 2013 8:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Diarmuid: You'd have to have some kind of shared login to the same account for all your clients to share, which I'm sure would be out of the question for you. We've designed "shared account" ideas in the past but they never finished development due to higher-priority items. Do you have more clients asking you to do their own bookings, or more that send them to you for processing? ~Sam