Experience the difference of "Elite".

Urgent help needed -Security deposit CHARGE

Jon C
Jun 24, 2013 1:07 PM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

HI,
A guest that checked out this weekend, and unfortunately we've found damage in the home. The security deposit for the booking still shows as held, but I want to charge them now or at least not release the hold. Can you tell me how to do that? Booking # ORB254607.

I am still evaluating what we need to charge this renter for damage done...

Michelle J
Jun 24, 2013 1:18 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Jon,

Simply go to the booking in question can click on the Security Deposit tab. Click the Release button and you'll be presented with several options. Click the second option of "Reserve all but" and fill in the amount you need to KEEP. So if you're damages are $75, that's the amount to fill in. Then fill in an explanation of the charges so the guest (and you) have a record of what the charge is for. Then click release and it will do its thing.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

Michelle J
Jun 24, 2013 1:19 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

If for some reason the security deposit amount isn't large enough to cover all the damages, or the bank has already released the security deposit (rarely but sometimes happens) you can still use the Payments tab to collect a payment for what the guest owes.

-Michelle

Jon C
Jun 24, 2013 2:36 PM

Awesome-yes this is perfect. Sorry my wife took over all of the booking/security deposit processes, she's out so I didn't know what would happen if I clicked on that release deposit button :-).

Jon C
Jun 24, 2013 9:27 PM

Hi I think we did this the right way - we wanted to hold $60 back. Typed that in, butin the email confirmation it said:

Of the original $200.00 that was reserved, we have kept $140.00. Notes:.

I believe the template is incorrect, and in fact $140 is what was being returned. I'll see if I can figure it outwith the template.

Sam Westcott
Jun 24, 2013 9:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Jon: You're exactly right. The template is simply off. You did it the right way. We already found that bug (as reported by others) and it's fixed in development. The fix will be out in production by Friday. ~Sam