Experience the difference of "Elite".

Who is your merchant account company?

Jon C
Mar 18, 2013 3:59 PM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

If we choose to open a merchant account through OwnerReservations I don't see who the back-end account is actually created through... can you provide the name of the provider?

If we choose to open a merchant account through your provider, but we also want to offer PayPal payments, do we just pay for booking fees done through PayPal vs. your provider?

Devin B.
Mar 18, 2013 8:22 PM
OR Team Member Joined Feb, 2013 26 posts

Hi Jon,

We work with two payment providers -- Sage Payments and Securenet. We prefer our customers use Securenet as that's a better deal for them, but it requires at least a three month transaction history on a different account to underwrite it, so its not suited for new users.

There are two varieties of PayPal -- the PayPal account people set up at paypal.com and pay through, and a standard merchant account that only supports credit cards (called PayPal PayFlow Pro).

Currently, we only support the PayFlow Pro merchant account, not the normal paypal.com account. We'll be adding paypal.com support eventually, but we haven't scheduled it for development yet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Devin

Jon C
Mar 18, 2013 9:32 PM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

Hi,
Thank you--good info. So if I want to accept PayPal payments directly, I would have to process these manually for my rentals...but if we accept normal credit cards I don't know how much of an issue this will be.

Candie S
Oct 30, 2013 5:20 PM
Joined Oct, 2013 2 posts

Do you happen to know anything about their policies as far as cancellation of an account with Securenet? I have had problems in the past with merchant providers who required guaranteed long contracts with draconian cancellation fees.

Michelle J
Oct 31, 2013 6:36 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Lee/Maggie,

Because of our agreement with Cornerstone - the company that underwrites our applications - and the volume of business we send to them, there is NO CANCELLATION fees on any of our merchant accounts. That's for both Sage and SecureNet. You can cancel at any time (even 5 days after setup) and you won't be charged.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

Wendy@A-List
Jan 2, 2014 6:49 PM
Joined Jun, 2012 32 posts

Am curious is there is still a choice of providers? I don't recall having a choice and am with Cornerstone/Sage... in one of the above reply's it sounded like one of your providers had better rates than the other, so if that is the case would love the better rates ;-) Maybe now you only have the one?

Any help appreciated.
Wendy

Michelle J
Jan 2, 2014 9:37 PM

Hi Wendy,

For those that have at least 3 months processing history, we also offer SecureNet which is a slightly better processor. SecureNet doesn't charge the FANF fee that has started showing up for Sage/Cornerstone customers. You may have noticed that $5-10 monthly FANF fee every so often. Sage has refused to remove it, even though we've reminded them of their commitment to a flat 2.95%. So we offer SecureNet for those that want to switch. SecureNet requires processing history to quality however.

-Michelle

Wendy@A-List
Jan 2, 2014 9:48 PM
Joined Jun, 2012 32 posts

I've been taking credit cards for 4 years so that's not a problem, I've only one months statement with cornerstone and didn't have that charge and will be pretty upset if I do get one as that is one reason I've switched... does securenet have a lower than 2.95% charge?

Thanks for your reply,
Wendy

Michelle J
Jan 4, 2014 11:32 AM

Hi Wendy,

SecureNet's charge is 2.95% flat like Sage, but we've noticed that SecureNet does not pass along new interchange fees like Sage has done in the past. We're recommending SecureNet for anyone with processing history for that reason.

-Michelle