Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is the quotation system broken?

Glenn Moore
Feb 7, 2013 8:22 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi, trying to respond to a new inquiry and suddenly when I click the quote button, nothing happens. I have tried on a few different computers.

Glenn

Paul W
Feb 7, 2013 8:55 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Glenn, I just ran a couple of inquiry/quote simulations. Everything seems normal. Are you on a certain browser or device that could be causing it? If you send over the inquiry ID, I can take a deeper look. The support people are out of the office, but you'll hear something in the morning if I can't figure it out for you tonight.

Glenn Moore
Feb 7, 2013 11:51 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Thank for the quick response. Actually I found out the source of the problem. The renters had not put any people in the renter party. I resolved this by going to the inquiry and checking against the source. I manually added two guests (adults) and saved the inquiry. I was then able to generate a quote.

Thus - small bug - if the inquiry comes in with no guests on it then when you click the create quote, nothing happens. A better behaviour might be a pop-up message indicating the quote cannot be created with no guests.

Anyhow problem solved.

Cheers.

Michelle J
Feb 8, 2013 10:30 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Glenn,

This has been confirmed on our end. It has been flagged as a bug and escalated for fixing. Thanks for the feedback.

-Michelle

Roger/Kelly G
Feb 10, 2013 5:31 PM
Joined Feb, 2013 4 posts

Why won't my actual quote summary and "view more details & accept/finalize" blue buttons get added onto my quote reply template when I reply back to an inquiry?

Roger/Kelly G
Feb 10, 2013 6:41 PM
Joined Feb, 2013 4 posts

I have the quote issue figured out now, but having trouble inserting/editing my rental agreement.

Michelle J
Feb 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Hi Roger and Kelly,

I'm glad you figured out the quote issues. Please let me know what trouble you're having with the rental agreement.

You mentioned "inserting" the rental agreement. Where are you trying to put it?

In the quote acceptance process (ie. where the guest sees their quote and accepts/pays) the renter agreement is shown to them as part of the workflow. It shows up there based on what you've entered for the property.

You can edit it by opening the property and clicking on the Legal tab. From there, you can edit the default one we provide or upload your own. There are a set of mail-merge fields that you can insert so as to pull names and values from your property without having to hardcode a unique agreement for every property.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

Roger/Kelly G
Feb 11, 2013 3:57 PM
Joined Feb, 2013 4 posts

Got it, thanks Michelle. Another question of a different subject if that is okay. I sent a quote to a person that inquired on my listing, and when they got it, they went to go through the motions of accepting by reading the rental agreement etc, but there was no button on the bottom for them to accept/electronically accept. Can you tell me how to rectify this?

Michelle J
Feb 11, 2013 4:33 PM

There are several reasons that could be happening. Here are the two most common:

1) You only have a check payment type configured and the rules on the check method are making it so the check option is not showing up on the quote since the arrival date on the booking is too close to the current date.

For instance, your check payment method is configured to only allows checks for bookings that are more than 30 days away, but the quote is for a booking that is sooner than that.

If the only payment method you have configured it check and check is being restricted by the booking dates, then nothing will show and the guest will be instructed to "contact you directly for payment".

To make the check method show up, set the rules to be more lenient on the number of days.

2) You don't have any payment methods set for the property of the quote in question. If you view your payment methods, they will show which payment methods are set for which properties.

Do either of these sound right?

-Michelle

Roger/Kelly G
Feb 11, 2013 5:55 PM
Joined Feb, 2013 4 posts

Thanks Michelle, you nailed it once again!! By the way, if I'm using regular PayPal, is there any way of having that as an option for payment methods versus the other PayPal Pro options, and then I could have something else other than checks flagged for payment methods?

Michelle J
Feb 11, 2013 6:00 PM

We are planning on integrating with regular PayPal - the thing that takes the user away to the PayPal website for credit card information and then brings them back - but that is not yet scheduled for development.

For the time being, you could use the Other Instructions field on the check payment method to tell the guest that they can pay you by PayPal. Maybe something like:

"As an alternative to check, you may send a PayPal payment to myemail@domain.com for the amount that is due. Please include your full name and the booking # with the payment so we know which guest is paying."

Then when the payment from PayPal arrives, you would simply enter the manual payment in OwnerRez under their booking and the pending status would disappear.