Experience the difference of "Elite".

Charging guest for an additional night

skikirkwood
Jan 20, 2013 12:41 PM
Joined Sep, 2010 5 posts

I have a group renting my house right now that wants to stay an additional night. So I believe to charge them for this I can edit the charges for their booking, add an additional night's charge, and they will get an email with a link to pay for the additional night. Is that correct?

I tried to do this, and selected the "taxed" checkbox for the new item, but the tax line item did not appear to be updated.

Michelle J
Jan 20, 2013 8:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi skikirkwood,

The 'Tax' line items calculate against all taxable line items ABOVE them. So in order to have the current tax line items update, insert the new row of charges ABOVE them. Or you can add more tax line items below the new charges.

The charge grid is very editable. You can insert/remove rows anywhere you want. The 'Taxable' flag only signals tax lines below to calculate on those rows. The tax lines can be anywhere on the grid.

The guest does NOT receive a new email automatically for the new charge. We don't do that because we don't know if that's your intention. Often, the owner only wants to adjust the charges (fixing typos, moving line items around) without alerting the guest.

You can certainly send them a manual email on your own, explaining the new charges.

You can also collect a payment by clicking on the Payments tab (under their booking) and clicking the "Collect New Payment" button. Any credit card they've used in the past will be on file for a quick collection.

-Michelle