Experience the difference of "Elite".

Incorrect Quote generated from Owner Reservations

Ed & Alyce
Sep 4, 2012 10:22 PM
Joined Jul, 2012 9 posts

Good Evening,

I had an inquiry come in with a check in date of 12/19 - 1/2/13. I generated quote # 16610 through OR. However, I noticed that the rates applied in the quote were incorrect.

On 12/19 - 12/20 the rate is one price
on 12/21 - 12/31 the rate jumps about $50.00 a night
on 1/1/13 - the rate jumps an additional $10.00

However, OR is taking the rate from 12/19 and applying it all the way through to 1/1/13, this equates out to a misquote of $900.00.

Can you please look into this and let me know what the problem is? Did I set up incorrect pricing, or is there a glitch in the system?

Thank you,

Ed Nasi

Michelle J
Sep 5, 2012 9:05 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Ed,

What you're seeing is the result of having arrival/departure dates that span multiple rate periods. The problem is that having multiple rate periods within the same quote creates ambiguities.

For instance, suppose you have a 10 day quote where the first 3 days are in rate period A and the last 7 days are in rate period B. Also suppose that you have a "week" rate set up in both rate periods.

There are multiple choices for how you may want the rates to turn out:

1) You might want the guest to get a "week" rate for the first 7 days, leaving the last 3 days to be charged as individuals "nights". The problem is that since that first "week" falls over two rate periods, you'd have to pick which rate period applied.

2) You might want to ignore the "week" rate since there were multiple rate periods and just calculate each set of days inside their rate periods. In this example, that would mean that the first 3 days were calculated as individual "nights" in rate period A and the last 7 days were calculated as nights or a week in rate period B.

3) You might want to combine both of the previous two options and calculate a prorated "week" for the first 7 days based partly on each rate period, adjusting for the cost difference.

Currently, OwnerRez calculates all rent rates based solely on ONE rate period - which is the rate period that the first night falls in.

In the future, we'll be adding an option that will allow you to pick whether you want dates spanning multiple rate periods to be broken up per period. If you choose this, charge types (weekly, nightly, etc) will be calculated as a SECOND priority to that.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

Michelle J
Sep 5, 2012 9:07 AM

To be clear, you can always manually adjust the quote charges at any time by opening the quote and clicking on the Charges tab. You probably already know that but I wanted to point it out just in case.

Ed & Alyce
Jul 24, 2013 7:35 PM
Joined Jul, 2012 9 posts

Good evening. Have not fully transitioned to OR as yet due to the below issue. For me to manually recalculate e erythema there is a change in rates for a specific time period would be too much work. I've seen a lot of upgrades over the past few months, so I'm curious if this issue has been addressed and resolved.

Thanks

Michelle J
Jul 25, 2013 8:33 AM

Hi Ed & Alyce,

I will discuss this with the dev team and see where we are on this. Can you tell me how many rate periods you have throughout the year? It sounds like you have quite a few?

-Michelle

Ed & Alyce
Jul 25, 2013 9:29 PM
Joined Jul, 2012 9 posts

Hi Michelle

we have 3 different rate periods. One period is our normal pricing and the other two periods run over the summer and holidays.

Michelle J
Jul 27, 2013 6:10 PM

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the additional information and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Three rate periods for a year isn't a lot. Very typical. With only three rate periods, the auto-generated charges should be right much of the time. Or is it happening quite often for you?

-Michelle