Experience the difference of "Elite".

Calendar details to third person

cp9293
Aug 17, 2012 9:54 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

I tried looking to see if this subject came up, but I don't see it anywhere.

Can you please have something for my housekeeper to look at the calendar, without me giving her my password to get on?

Claudia

Michelle J
Aug 18, 2012 8:03 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

Yes, we will. Shareable "read only" calendar views has been requested before.

In the meantime, why don't you create a free Google Calendar, have OwnerRez sync with that and then let her look at that? Many people use Google Calendar for this purpose.

-Michelle

cp9293
Aug 18, 2012 9:01 AM

How do I have owner rez sync with the calendar?

cp9293
Aug 18, 2012 9:17 AM

I get the following error when I do the google calendar with ownerRez...

Connection Failed

Google returned this error: Captcha required

Michelle J
Aug 18, 2012 9:27 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

When creating a new Google Calendar or accessing it from a different browser, Google sometimes asks you to validate by submitting a CAPTCHA image test. Try logging into your Google Calendar and making sure you can see it okay and that Google isn't asking for any information. If that doesn't work, do the following:

1) Is the Google Calendar a "secondary" calendar added to an existing Google account, or is a standalone Google account?

2) Can you contact us offline with the credentials to your Google Calendar? I can try seeing what the problem is on this end.

We're going to be changing how we sync with Google Calendar in the near future. There are some issues with how we do it now that can be smoothed out by using a different integration method.