Experience the difference of "Elite".

Inquiry in and Dates changed to be available

cp9293
Jun 28, 2012 11:13 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

I received an inquiry, which dates were not available. When I went back to change the dates to an available date, since they were flexible, I can't seem to get to the quote side. If I say I want to answer it, it has the message that the dates are not available.

How do I fix this, other than marking it as read and then manaually creating a new quote?

System can maybe do a check, after each change?

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 28, 2012 11:24 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

The inquiry will show as unavailable as long as the dates on the inquiry are already taken. Update the inquiry by going to the Verify tab (on the inquiry) and changing the date fields.

You may also need to change the quote dates as well if you already created a quote. You can do that by opening the quote, via the Quotes menu, clicking on the Dates tab and changing them there.

Changing the inquiry dates does not change the quote dates and vice versa. Inquiries and quotes are two separate entities in the system.

We know this process is a bit disjointed. There are a lot of changes coming to inquiries shortly.

-Michelle

cp9293
Jun 28, 2012 11:43 AM

It is not in the Quote Screen.

I tried changing it in the Verify screen, but it still does not give me a Calculate screen.

Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 28, 2012 11:54 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

I don't follow. What's the inquiry #?

What dates are you trying to change the inquiry too?

Did you click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the Verify form after updating the date fields?

cp9293
Jun 28, 2012 12:03 PM

NEVER MIND. Somehow those dates are reserved, when it was not showing reserved on another calendar. Sorry for the confusion!!!

Claudia