Experience the difference of "Elite".

Guest Address

cp9293
Jun 23, 2012 3:15 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Where would I find the guest address, after they booked???

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 25, 2012 7:51 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

The only address we save from the guest is on the payments they send. So to find it, navigate to the booking, click the Payments tab, view a payment and you'll see the name, address and phone number they used to submit the payment. I'm referring to credit card payments of course.

We already have on the dev roadmap an update to make the guest provide a "main" address and phone number (or several) before submitting their payment. This will be on the contact page prior to signing the T&C when accepting the quote.

Some background... When we built OwnerRez, our original goal was to be simple and minimalist by nature. We didn't want the owner and guest to have to wade through dozens of forms filling in tons of information, and we didn't want a cluttered design. Since then, we've realized that there are quite a few things that guests still need to provide for the owner to be comfortable, and we've been adding them one by one.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

cp9293
Jun 25, 2012 10:51 AM

Do they fill in the address for a check?

We would need the address, to refund the check. There is nothing on the payment side that gives an address or phone number. Absolutley no information on them, once booked.

My renter paid the deposit by check. He happened to give me his credit card information to put a hold on his credit card, for security purposes. I went to enter the information and couldn't find anything on his address (nor phone number). I searched everywhere. I ultimately had to ask him for the address, for me to continue to process his Security Deposit.

Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 25, 2012 11:01 AM

You're right - we need to ask for an address and phone from everyone, payment or not.

In the meantime, can't you find their address on the check they send to you?

cp9293
Jun 25, 2012 11:06 AM

At the time I didn't think I needed it. I deposited the check and I throw out the envelope. I went through my recycling pile and couldn't find it anywhere. I have two piles of recycling, one in my office (doesn't get recycled as often) and one downstairs, where I open most of my mail and then recycle what I don't need.

Since emails were going back and forth if he wanted to use the credit card for the security hold, he eventually said yes. When I was ready to enter the information, I didn't have the address anymore. Another email out for the address and wait for him to respond.

Claudia

cp9293
Aug 28, 2012 3:12 PM

Hi Michele,

Any updates on this topic? We really need to know the guest address, for refunds and such. I have to refund him, since he is not bringing his pet. I can't find is address anywhere.

Perhaps have the address go to the rental agreement, at the time it is signed?

Claudia

Michelle J
Aug 28, 2012 3:45 PM

No, not yet unfortunately. We are going to try to weave in a number of payment-related updates into the next few sprints while we're working on email. There are a number of things we're trying to work on in parallel but email is the main focus.