Experience the difference of "Elite".

Pending Cancellation

cp9293
Jun 18, 2012 5:10 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Is there a way to put a BOOKED transaction in a pending state? What happens to the calendar? Does it change to tentative?

Someone booked for Labor Day and is now thinking she MIGHT have to cancel. I want to put the calendar in a tentative state, and have her as TENTATIVE on OwnerRez.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 18, 2012 5:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

At the moment, no. Either a booking exists or it does not. It can only be marked pending if no payments have been entered. We don't have a tentative status.

In the situation you cited, you'd have to wait until she decides to cancel to cancel the booking.

That being said, if you're mainly concerned about getting inquiries for it in the meantime, you could always manually open the dates back up on your HomeAwayConnect/FlipKey calendars so people still think you're available. Just login to those sites and remove the booking from their calendars.

-Michelle

cp9293
Jun 18, 2012 5:36 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Thanks, I had done that already. That was what I was going to ask next... does ownerrez periodically check to see that the calendars are in sync? Oh, wait. I remember you said that it is only one way. Never mind.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 18, 2012 5:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

No, we don't, and we don't on purpose. We thought about doing that way back when we first start ed syncing calendars (whether or not to check periodically to make sure that the booking was still there) and decided against it.

There were several reasons but the biggest is we want our calendar syncs to "do no harm" first and foremost.

If you change your calendars manually, we don't want our syncs coming long and changing them back to something you don't want. Our system should only add, update or delete bookings from third-party calendars the FIRST time and then leave it at that.

There are some updates we're going to be making so you can get more transparency into the sync process, but the "do no harm" rule will still apply.