Experience the difference of "Elite".

Issue with contract...

DPVR.info
May 28, 2012 10:21 PM
Joined Apr, 2011 33 posts

If I use the insert field Booking arrival date and Booking Departure date in the contract,the form is date that is displayed is not the actual booking date, but the date that the form is completed by (I think) that date + x days (x= the number of days of the stay). It would be nice to be able to put the correct date in the contract. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
David

Michelle J
May 29, 2012 8:05 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi David,

We're looking into this now to see if we can reproduce what you are seeing on our end.

-Michelle

Sam Westcott
May 29, 2012 9:45 AM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Dave, we couldn't reproduce the problem so I took a look at the renter agreements in your account. You have two renter agreements, one of which is being used. I don't see anywhere in that renter agreement where you have the 'BookingArrivalDate' or 'BookingDepartureDate' fields inserted. Can you be clearer about what field is failing? I also tested those fields on my end and didn't notice them acting incorrectly. ~Sam

cp9293
May 29, 2012 10:09 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Sam, I went back and looked at my contracts and I have the inserts for booking dates. They are fine on my end.

Maybe the insert used is "Booking Date" and not the other "Booking" inserts.

Claudia

Sam Westcott
May 29, 2012 10:13 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Claudia. That really helps. I'm looking into one other possibility right now.

DPVR.info
May 29, 2012 10:38 AM

Sam,

I took it out last night since I had a guest notify me that the dates in the contract were wrong. I did a test quote to myself and saw the same behavior - I will put it back in right now as another test.

David

Sam Westcott said:

Dave, we couldn't reproduce the problem so I took a look at the renter agreements in your account. You have two renter agreements, one of which is being used. I don't see anywhere in that renter agreement where you have the 'BookingArrivalDate' or 'BookingDepartureDate' fields inserted. Can you be clearer about what field is failing? I also tested those fields on my end and didn't notice them acting incorrectly. ~Sam

DPVR.info
May 29, 2012 10:44 AM

I just took a look at a test quote I did for July 9 and 10th and the dates in the contract are being populated as:

Arrival Date: May 30, 2012
Depature date: May 31, 2012

Here is a link to the quote:

https://secure.ownerrez.com/forms/quotes/c65bde3ad9fe42b18061322babbd28db

David

Sam Westcott
May 29, 2012 10:47 AM

Dave, I was going to come back with this. I thought that might be what you were looking at. That's a display issue with the quote - which we've flagged to fix ASAP - but the actual final PDF that's being generated has the right dates in it. So if you were to go ahead and finish accepting that quote, turning it into a booking, you'd see that the final PDF has the right dates in it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. ~Sam

DPVR.info
May 29, 2012 10:52 AM

Thanks for the (as always) super quick response. In the interim I will take it out of the contract as it is causing confusion (which I already did). Please let me know when the display issue is fixed.

I am always amazed at the super fast responses to issues and how the product continues to develop and make owning a vacation rental easier!

Keep up the awesome work!

David

cp9293
May 29, 2012 10:53 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

I agree with everything David just said. You guys are great!

Claudia