Experience the difference of "Elite".

Chrome and Apple

cp9293
May 8, 2012 7:06 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Here is a email I received from a guests trying to book online...

You might want to tell your booking agency that it doesnt seem to work on Apple computers using the Chrome browser.

Thanks,
Claudia

Sam Westcott
May 8, 2012 7:23 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

On Windows, we test for Chrome, Firefox, IE8+ and Safari. On Apple, we test Safari and Firefox. Chrome on Apple should be (theoretically) identical in rendering behavior as Chrome on Windows. Did your guest provide any more information? I'd love to know what they meant by "doesn't see to work". Rendering issues? Buttons didn't work? ~Sam

Sam Westcott
May 8, 2012 7:33 PM

Claudia, as it happens, we have an Apple machine in the office w/ Chrome already loaded. I tested a public quote form from start to finish. Zero problems. It looks perfect and went all the way through smoothly. Please let me know if your guest forwards any screenshots or mentions anything specifically. It might be a problem on their end with an extension or plugin they have installed. ~Sam

cp9293
May 8, 2012 7:39 PM

Sam, I will try to find out a little more information. He did say maybe it was something on his side. Since I don't understand some of these things, I figured I would just copy and paste his statement. I know one little word that is misplaced could make a difference, when it comes to these things.

Claudia

cp9293
May 8, 2012 8:18 PM

Hi Sam,

Here was his response...

" On chrome when the finalize button was clicked it seemed to try and go to a new page that it couldn't find and thus showed the 404 error. On firefox when thr button was clicked it opened up a new section within the page that had the contract details. Seems like chrome wasn't able to understand that the click thru opened a new section within the existing window.

This was on a MacBook pro using the latest updates for both browsers.

Sent with Yoyodyne technology. "

Thanks,
Claudia

Sam Westcott
May 8, 2012 8:27 PM

*Very* strange observation. He's saying that when he clicked to go to the renter agreement page, it crashed. I don't see anything like that on my end. Well, we'll continue to monitor. ~Sam. PS. I looked in the servers logs and it appears that other guests have used Apple/Chrome with no problem.