Experience the difference of "Elite".

Expired

cp9293
Apr 30, 2012 2:21 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Hi Michelle,

What happens when a "Booking" expires? It stays on the calendar as "booked" and gets lost in the abyss or a letter notifies you of this? Can there be an alert?

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 30, 2012 2:24 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

It goes into 'canceled' status which means that it disappears from all calendars and the dates are free to be booked again. Both you (the owner) and the guest receive cancellation emails, with an explanation of why it was canceled. This all happens automatically.

If you want to find canceled bookings (suppose you want to look up all records) you can do that on the bookings grid by selecting the 'Include Canceled' checkbox on the filter bar. You can find the bookings grid by clicking on the Bookings menu and clicking Grid over on the right.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 30, 2012 2:38 PM

Hi Michelle,

When does this happen? I have one that I deliberately left to expire (yesterday). Today, it is still on the calendar as booked. If I look at General Info, it states it expired.

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 30, 2012 2:45 PM

You might be confusing bookings and quotes. The booking is still active, the quote that it was based on (or a similar quote) may be expired. Quotes and bookings are two separate entities in the system.

I took a look at your account. The only booking in your account that was pending is still active because the Pending Until date is May 3rd which is this upcoming Thursday. The quote that it was based on is set as "booked" since someone accepted it via the public acceptance forms.

If this doesn't make sense, reply with the booking or quote number, and I'll be more specific.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 30, 2012 2:52 PM

Got it.

That is confusing. It says expired on the quote side, but booked on the booked side, with a second expiration date of May 3rd. One the first page of the quote page, it states "booked".

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 30, 2012 2:53 PM

I believe you're looking at the wrong quote. What quote number are you looking at? The quote that the booking is associated with should be showing "Booked" as the status.

Give me the quote number of the one that shows "expired" and I'll see what I can find.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 30, 2012 3:02 PM

Michelle J
Apr 30, 2012 3:53 PM

Quote 14967 shows a status of "booked", not expired. On what page do you see the word "expired"?

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 30, 2012 4:19 PM

General Info for that quote

Michelle J
Apr 30, 2012 4:37 PM

Ok, I see what you're referring to. The General Info tab is showing you the original expired date and mentioning that that date has passed. But that's not the status. Look at the Overview tab for that quote and you'll see it says "Booked". Or look at the quotes grid (click on the Quotes menu) and you'll see the status shows "Booked" there as well. I'll file a request with the dev team to change the wording slightly in the General Info.

-Michelle