Experience the difference of "Elite".

Terms and Conditions - refering back to

cp9293
Apr 25, 2012 7:37 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Good morning all!

Where do I see the Terms and Conditions that the potential guests are sitting on? At times I change my T&C because something comes up at the VR Forum I belong to. At this time, I go back in and change my T&C, to add or remove something. Since the quotes stay there for maybe 10 days, I will forget what if the potential guest has the old version or the new version of the T&C. How can I go back and look at the T&C they have?

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 25, 2012 9:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

If a guest hasn't accepted the quote yet, the T&C are whatever you have them set to for the property. The T&C are only saved as a PDF snapshot when the guest accepts and finalizes the quote (turns it into a booking). Once they do that, you can see the PDF snapshot under the Legal tab of the booking.

-Michelle

SP
May 20, 2012 8:41 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 20 posts

Hi Michelle,

I am still not comfortable with having them ONLY accept my T and c online, I have 6 places I want them to sign to be sure they understand my terms and conditions. I would like to interrupt the process and be able to send them a hard copy of the rental agreement - T and
C and then allow them to continue with the online payment once I receive this via fax or scan.

Is something like that possible? I know from my own experience I no longer read the T of S of many websites I join and I am sure this is the same thing. I have no problem putting it out there for future referance and even clicking it but I don't want it to continue to the payment screen until I have the documant in hand. Sometimes people tend to read written documents more than digital, also my rental agrement has different fonts and bold and underlines etc. Would your system be able to handle that? If not today, in the future?

I usually include the number of dogs allowed if any were agreed upon and have them sign that paragraph, so there are no misunderstandings. Same with the maximum number of occupants and that no house parties are to be held with the max allowed in the house including children. sure this may not prevent them from having a party but I did notice many not return my rental agreement and not book with me which is prefectly fine with me.

Thanks, Silvia

Michelle J
May 21, 2012 10:22 AM

Hi Silvia,

At the moment, the only way to do that would be for you to manually take care of that BEFORE sending them the payment link. So while corresponding with the guest, you would email them your documents and make them fax them back. THEN send the the payment link from our system.

That would work well except that they would still see the Renter Agreement page during the payment process. We don't have a setting that would turn this off.

-Michelle

SP
May 21, 2012 10:26 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 20 posts

Hi Michelle,

So how would I do this -
Inquiry comes into your system
1) system creates a quote
2) I accept the values and send it - but can I modify it to delete the rental agreement link and then if they say they want to rent I send them my normal rental agreement - I can always have wording on the rental agreement link to say something to the effect the rental agreement will be sent via email if ready to book.
3) they send the agreement back and how do I send them the payment link??
or are you saying I do my manual work up front(quote email) and then when I have the rental agreement then I send the quote generated that will include the rental agreement (which will be a blank page or asking them to review the emailed version) and then pay the bill at the bottom or wherever the link is - no problem if they accept the rental agreement (that is blank) at that point.

I am trying to envision how I would be able to work with your system. This is a biggie for me. I have no problem with even just providing the rental agreement values/cost in that page but I need the actual agreement signed and faxed first.

Thanks, Silvia

Michelle J
May 22, 2012 9:37 AM

SP said:

...or are you saying I do my manual work up front(quote email) and then when I have the rental agreement then I send the quote generated that will include the rental agreement...

Yes, I'm saying to do this.

Right now, the renter agreement page is hard-coded into the payment process. There is no way to remove it from the process or to give them a roadblock of "fax in the signed agreements" prior to continuing.

We've seen this kind of process with a number of owners, but we're still debating how best to implement it.

-Michelle