Experience the difference of "Elite".

Existing Booked Guest - Future Payments

cp9293
Apr 24, 2012 5:34 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

If I have a customer that paid the deposit and their arrival date is July 15 and my payment schedule is 60 days prior to arrival the balance is due. What will happen, when? Automatically, on May 15, the system is going to ask for a credit card information, since their is none on file.

Will it give the customer an option to pay by check? If so, on checks, it should be asking for it before hand, since it is DUE 60 days prior to arrival. Is there a place to enter, for checks, 75 days - to give them time to mail it and it arrives 60 days prior?

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 24, 2012 5:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

The guests you are manually entering right now will not get emails asking for their upcoming payment or security deposit. You have to actually schedule payments and security deposits for them in the system, which means you'll have to call them and ask for their credit card by phone (or ask for it by email).

In the future, we'll be adding reminder emails so that they get asked by email to send a payment. When that happens, they'll be shown a form that shows your payment methods (credit card, check, etc)

For those that accept the quote and pay by check, their scheduled reminder email will be fired off [x] days before the due date, where x is whatever you require for the grace period.

Again though, the scheduled reminder emails have not been released yet.

-Michelle

J. Marker
Oct 18, 2012 1:30 PM
Joined Sep, 2012 19 posts

Have the reminder payment emails been released yet? OR... do you have an alert to remind me that I need to email them?

Michelle J
Oct 18, 2012 2:02 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi J.Villalobos,

Assuming we're talking about non-CC payments, no. Neither has been released. We changed priorities over the summer to work more on email related issues as you may have noticed from the blog posts and releases.

To be clear, CC payments are all handled automatically and you can schedule the timing on those just like the security deposits.

This is only referring to non-CC (check or cash) guests.

-Michelle