Experience the difference of "Elite".

Holidays

cp9293
Apr 24, 2012 5:20 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

How does it know when it is a holiday? It only asks how much more. But where do I enter a holiday time frame?

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 24, 2012 5:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

I was typing up a response, but then I remembered this blog post from last year:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/new-model-for-holiday-charges

That covers the details pretty nicely.

-Michelle

J. Marker
Oct 18, 2012 1:34 PM
Joined Sep, 2012 19 posts

Michelle-

Just read the blog write up... and as I'm just looking into using the software, I'm wondering if anything has been updated since that blog post.
We have High Season, Low Season and Holiday SEASON rates rather than an individual day. We also have tiered pricing per person. Are your quotes automated?

Michelle J
Oct 18, 2012 1:54 PM

Hi J.Villalobos,

Quotes are automated in that the line items are calculated based on your property rates.

You can set different rate periods for different times of the year including: seasonal, specific date ranges or "default" which covers anything outside the other two.

Then, inside each rate period, you can specify your nightly, weekend, weekly, etc rates with lots of customization as to which days of the week are allowed, how many adults are included and a lot more.

Holidays are above and beyond that. Holidays allow you to add ANOTHER surcharge on top of your normals rates (either per night or per stay) if a holiday night is triggered.

For instance, suppose someone inquired about Dec 20-27 and you have the holiday premium set to add $50 per stay. The quote might automatically calculate something like this:

Rent 6 nights (12/20-20) at December rates $800
Rent Holiday premium for Christmas $ 50
Tax Local lodging tax 5%
------------------------------------------------------
Total: $892.5

Does that make sense?

-Michelle

J. Marker
Oct 18, 2012 2:13 PM
Joined Sep, 2012 19 posts

We generally have Holidays (like 24, 25, 26th) rather than just one day. Would it be better to just add a new 'season' rather than clicking your holiday premium box?
Thanks for your quick repies!

Michelle J
Oct 18, 2012 2:20 PM

Yes, you could very easily do that as well. Just define another rate period called "Holiday Season" or whatever with those specific days of the year and give it its own rates.

You're very welcome. I saw a voice message from you as well. Someone will call you back by end of day.

-Michelle