Experience the difference of "Elite".

Nights and Days on Quote Emails

cp9293
Apr 24, 2012 6:40 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

In the Quote section of the email, can we have the number of dates in that field? What does the "1 Spring"? It would be one reservation, either way. As it reads now, it states.....

Rent 1 Spring (5/11, 5/12) at Spring rates $650.00 $650.00

Instead, can we have something like...

Rent 2 night stay (Fri, 5/11 - Sun, 5/13) $650.00 $650.00

You know me, I would like those TOTAL NIGHT STAYS in there, and DAYS.

I don't know if I explained why I like these things. TWICE, renters had to leave a day earlier than what they thought, because their wording was not the norm. They would request dates, and not think that the last date they requested is the day they exit. So, when I would send them the quote, it all looked fine. NOW, I send the nights, and the days, so that they understand better and might catch it, if it states 2 nights and they are thinking 3 nights. So, I put as much information as possible. I even go to the extent of saying the words... CHECKIN DATE: Friday, May 11 CHECKOUT DATE: Sunday, May 13... for a 2 night stay.

I felt horrible to cut two people and their families short by one day. But, it was their mistake. Luckily, one of those families loved my house and has come for the past 4 years!

So, that is why I feel the nights and days on anything can avoid problems.

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 24, 2012 10:16 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

The rate engine will attempt to put in the number of charge types (night, weekend, week, custom) with how many there is.

For instance, suppose that they booked for 3 nights during the "Off Season" rate period. The first line will read:

2 nights (5/1 - 5/3) at Off Season rates

In your case, I believe you're using custom charge types to define 2 night rates as different from 3 night rates as different from 4 night rates, etc, etc. That's causing the system to plug in the custom name instead.

So go to your rate periods, open the charge types and change the Name field to "2 nights", "3 nights", "4 nights", etc.

That should correct the problem.

I hope this isn't confusing.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 24, 2012 10:41 AM

I understand. Thanks. I will do that. How about the DAYS showing. Is that possible?

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 24, 2012 10:47 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Welllll.... maybe. I get your explanation but that could be difficult to program and display. I'll pass it along (like everything!) but it may not be easily doable. I'm trying to think through the ramifications.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 24, 2012 10:50 AM

I understand. However, I would think it wouldn't be that difficult, since you do have other forms or screens which already provide the DAYS. It would be a matter of taking that field and plugging it in.

Thanks,
Claudia