Experience the difference of "Elite".

Calendar Display

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 6:42 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Can the calendar also display open quotes? It would really be nice to see who has requested dates, and be able to see what the quote was for those dates.

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 7:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

No, and for good reason - you can have many quotes for the same date period. We thought about this some time back, but it got far too difficult to implement so we moved on. How would you envision the calendar displaying, say, 10 or 15 quotes for the same overlapping date period? The only designs we came up with where horribly complicated and confusing. We've thought about some new options but nothing has been formalized.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 24, 2012 6:19 AM

How about a sort in the inquiry/booking/quote sections?

Nevermind. I see you have that already! You guys are good! However, you should put the arrow or something there, to let people know you can actually sort in those fields. Until I was thinking that maybe there you can do it, I didn't know it was there. No indication of that. :)

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 24, 2012 10:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass it along to the dev team, but I know they value simplicity and cleanliness in the design.

-Michelle

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 1, 2013 8:28 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Given that quotes aren't displayed on the calendar, how do I ensure that I don't offer multiple quotes for the same person and the same date?

Stated differently, if I send out overlapping dates and one person books, what will happen when the other person tries to book?

Any best practices?

Damon

Michelle J
Feb 2, 2013 9:07 AM

Hi Damon,

Our system ensures that no one can book the same (or overlapping) dates. You can send out as many quotes as you want for whatever dates you want.

When a quote is booked where there are other open quotes for the same (or overlapping) dates, those quotes automatically flip to "Preempted" status.

Guests are not able to accept or finalize preempted quotes.

As an example, here's a live example of an open quote that the guest sees:

https://secure.ownerrez.com/forms/quotes/c4493365b01c453aaa6c4eba1d1c9d97

If that quote were to go into "Preempted" status, it would then look like this:

https://secure.ownerrez.com/forms/quotes/67fe14fc904a4086bd435c68e8e89915

We are working on some upgrades to the preempted view where the guest will be able to see your other properties that are available for the same dates range and/or email you (the owner) when preemption occurs.

In the Quotes menu, you can filter by open, expired, preempted and booked status.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

cp9293
Feb 2, 2013 10:13 AM

<< We are working on some upgrades to the preempted view where the guest will be able to see your other properties that are available for the same dates range and/or email you (the owner) when preemption occurs. >>

Hi Michelle,

Don't forget to include a way for them to go to the calendar, of that same property, and see if they are interested in switching their dates to ones that are open.

Claudia

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 2, 2013 11:00 AM

Thanks for the responses. It seems like a proactive message in the quote would go a long way in preserving the relationship. "This quote is not a guaranteed reservation until the deposit is received. Due to incredible demand we recommend booking as soon as you receive this quote to ensure your spot."

Also, on the technology side a simple notification in the quote generation process saying this quote overlaps with another quote (click here).

thoughts?

Michelle J
Feb 2, 2013 12:00 PM

Hi Marinas Edge,

The quote body does include a message to that effect already. You'll notice in the gray area below the charges, it says:

"This quote does not put a hold on the dates requested. The dates will not be reserved until this quote is accepted"

And it's called out in bold.

That's the default quote email. You are able to change that email to say whatever you want. You could call it out ABOVE the charges area if you preferred to make it more obvious.

If our public calendar forms are done by then, the preempted quote will definitely have a link to it so the guest can peruse what is available.

-Michelle

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 2, 2013 12:39 PM

I like this.

What are your public calendar forms?

Damon

Michelle J
Feb 4, 2013 7:25 AM

Hi Damon,

To embed the OwnerRez calendar into your own website, open a property and click on the Widgets tab. That will walk you through the steps.

We are also planning on adding some public calendar forms that you can link to (or provide links to in an email) which are full pages like the quotes that you send out. Those will have more options and allow your guests to see multiple properties on the same calendar.

-Michelle

Marina's Edge Re
Feb 8, 2013 9:16 AM

Any idea when the public calendar form changes might be available

Michelle J
Feb 8, 2013 10:29 AM

No ETA yet. We're in the middle of a large overhaul to the settings, properties and general design. After that is completed, we'll have a lot better ETA for some of the recently-promised changes.