Experience the difference of "Elite".

Integration

SM8285
Apr 23, 2012 4:02 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 7 posts

Is the info on your API available? I would be interested in finding out what features can be integrated into our website.

Thanks

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 4:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

At the moment, the API is still under development. We have references to it sprinkled around the website because it's something we've been working on (and use ourselves) for the last year or so. But it's not ready for prime-time at the moment.

-Michelle

SM8285
Apr 23, 2012 4:31 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 7 posts

OK, not a big deal, any ballpark idea of when it may be available? Don't worry I wont hold you to it. :)

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 4:36 PM

I really couldn't say. Over the past 6 months, we've had a large influx of new users each with their own questions and ways of doing things. It's provided a huge amount of feedback that has caused us to re-prioritize our roadmap half a dozen times. We don't build things just because one or two people requested it - that's a bad way of designing software - but there are a fair number of things that users have correctly pointed out are more important.

I could tell you 6 months, but that could easily change again.

On the other hand, we've noticed that a fair number of things would benefit by the API being out earlier such as mobile apps, calendar and inquiry integration.

SM8285
Apr 23, 2012 4:44 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 7 posts

I understand. Would it be possible to create an inquiry form on my site that that could integrate with OwnerRez?

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 4:48 PM

Funny you should mention that. The very next sprint - we're releasing a major update today and tomorrow - involves updates to the inquiry area with a possible embedded widget for your own website. I say "possible" because it might fall to the sprint after that depending on some scheduling. But it's coming right around the corner.

-Michelle

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 4:51 PM

FYI, you can also send inquiries from your website right now by simply sending email directly to your @inquiryspot email address.

If you look at the inquiry instructions page which is here:

https://secure.ownerrez.com/inquiries/instructions

It shows a unique @inquiryspot email address for each property.

Any email you send to that address will be handled gracefully by the system. If we don't recognize the email (such as coming from VRBO or HomeAway) we give you an editor that lets you quickly enter the inquiry.

SM8285
Apr 23, 2012 5:02 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 7 posts

Excellent news on the widget and I didnt even think of the @inquiryspot option. You probably figured out already I manage several properties. I am excited about what I see so far in your system and would be interested in learning more as well as sharing more about our business with you. Is there a place we could connect online outside this forum or speak by phone?

Thanks

Paul W
Apr 23, 2012 7:45 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

I sent you an email offline with my cell number. Please do give me a call at your convenience.

-Paul