Experience the difference of "Elite".

Syncing Calendars

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 8:14 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Hi,

When you sync the calendar onto HomeAway and VRBO, do you provide the names and emails of the guests? If so, is there an option to just RESERVE the dates, without all the details? I don't want HomeAway having all those details, so they can use it for their studies. I do not fill in the info now, for HA.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 10:19 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

We do not provide ANY information to HomeAwayConnect when syncing with their calendar. The dates are set as reserved and that is all.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 10:21 AM

GREAT!

Thanks,
Claudia

cp9293
Jul 5, 2012 9:27 PM

How often does the calendar sync? I had two bookings today and they didn't update.

Did I do something wrong?

Claudia

Sam Westcott
Jul 5, 2012 9:46 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Our updater has been offline for several hours. We ran into some performance issues and took it offline to do some tweaking. We just now - literally 10 minutes ago - put it back online, and the updates are going out right now. There are hundreds of bookings waiting to update so yours may take a few minutes. ~Sam

PS. Ordinarily, calendar updates are made within 10 minutes of your change.

Michelle J
Jul 6, 2012 9:35 AM

Hi Claudia,

Did your bookings show up last night? Let me know if not. There was a small group of people that were affected by the update - about 50 total. Their booking changes were waiting in the queue for about 5 hours. Everyone else was fine.

-Michelle

cp9293
Jul 6, 2012 10:18 AM

I do not know if they updated. I updated them manually.

Claudia

Michelle J
Jul 6, 2012 10:28 AM

Ok, sorry for the bother. You shouldn't have to manually update anymore. Let me know if you see it again. In the last release, we created a new tester service that probes the listing sites' calendars 5 or 6 times a day, based on different factors. This will tell us even faster when they change things or bugs arise.

DPVR.info
Nov 24, 2012 2:16 PM
Joined Apr, 2011 33 posts

I have a new Calendar sync issue that just arose.
We spun up a new property and purchased the "bundle' from VRBO that gives us a VRBO listing and a HomeAway listing. The issue is that is it not a 'traditional' HomeAway listing (since it is part of the bundle) - it is the same listing number as VRBO with VB amended to it. When I try and calender sync from OwnersRez to HomAway I put in the credentials for HomeAway and the listing number and I get a "The login credentials succeeded, but the property ID was not found." message. If I try and put a VB at the end of the listing, OwnersRez removes it. The listing number is 444546vb.

Thanks,
David

ShenRent
Nov 25, 2012 10:09 AM
Joined Dec, 2009 54 posts

@David

Are you using a HomeAway**Connect** account? As I understand it, the login email/password and property number are based on the Connect system which is at www.homeawayconnect.com. If you already have a Connect account, make sure the VRBO and HomeAway listings are both showing up there. Just a thought.

DPVR.info
Nov 25, 2012 11:13 AM
Joined Apr, 2011 33 posts

Veronica - Thanks! It had been so long since it set-up the calendar I forgot that the connect ID was different. That did the trick.

David