Experience the difference of "Elite".

Deposit amount

cp9293
Apr 22, 2012 7:01 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

With all the emails going back and forth the last few days, I don't seem to find the one about the deposit. At the moment, you only allow % for the deposit. Are you planning to allow $$$ amounts, as an option? If so, when do you think that will go into effect? I won't be able to use this system, as is, with the % amount. I think you mentioned that it might be in the works, since others have asked for it.

Thanks!
Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 10:21 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

We don't allow the first payment to be specified as a flat dollar amount right now, but that feature is on the dev roadmap and has been for some time. We're considering promoting that to the next sprint since we've had several people mention this. I'll keep you updated.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 10:22 AM

Do you know when the next sprint would possibly be?

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 10:24 AM

We're right in the middle of pushing out a major release today and tomorrow. The next development sprint is already underway and will range from 3 to 4 weeks. I can't make you a 100% promise on that but that's the current estimate.

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 10:36 AM

Sounds good.

Can't wait to see the new changes, today or tomorrow? Will we have to stay off the system during the time of implementation?

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 10:43 AM

No, we engineer our releases to only take a few seconds of downtime. You shouldn't even see a blip. This release involves some low-level stuff that affects a LOT of areas in the software so we're doing a lot of testing and staging beforehand.

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 10:46 AM

OK, sounds great. Would you let us know when it is completed?

In the meantime, I will have to wait until the flat amount comes in for the deposit, to use your system fully. If I was to use it now, I would have to change everything with what I currently have. I have several bookings for the Spring and Summer and it would get VERY confusing as to who paid $500 deposit and who paid 30%. I will look forward to the deposit change.

Claudia

Michelle J
Apr 23, 2012 10:50 AM

Hi Claudia,

Will do. Just as an FYI: when you enter your existing bookings, you can always enter what they paid as a manual payment and then schedule the second payment for "the remaining balance". So if you have someone that already paid $500, just enter that amount as the first payment and the second payment will automatically collect what's left.

-Michelle

cp9293
Apr 23, 2012 10:56 AM

I was thinking of that. I have to first find out about the charges and what kind of record I would have, using your program. You were going to check to see how I would be able to see, realtime, the charges for the amount received, so I could record it realtime. Whether it is signing in to their system, or them sending a confirmation with the charges on it.

Claudia