Experience the difference of "Elite".

Homeaway calendar sync broken?

DPVR.info
Aug 1, 2011 5:48 PM
Joined Apr, 2011 33 posts

Are the Homeaway and VRBO calendar sync broken. I checked and FlipKey was updated but Homeaway Connect was not. I did the 'test' and the system said that the test was successful.

David

Michelle J
Aug 1, 2011 5:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi David,

You stumbled across a very rare bug in the sync process - one that we already knew about but hasn't been fixed yet. Basically, every couple of hundred syncs, if a booking is deleted and then re-added quickly (based on the guest using a credit card that fails and then succeeds on the next attempt) the new booking won't show up in HomeAway Connect. It only happens with HomeAway Connect syncs and it only happens in a rare circumstance.

As I said, we are already aware of this issue and a fix has already been developed. It will be released in the near future (several weeks).

For the time being, I have been watching it every 24 hours or so and tracking ones that don't appear to have missed.

I just looked at your properties and didn't notice any bookings that weren't on your HomeAway Connect calendar. Did you already manually fix it? If not, let me know which dates are problematic.

Thanks for the feedback.

DPVR.info
Aug 1, 2011 6:00 PM
Joined Apr, 2011 33 posts

Glad to know you are on top of it. I did correct it - it was for the Nov 14-16th booking. I only realized that the sync didn't happen because I got another inquiry overlapping those dates.

David

Michelle J
Aug 1, 2011 6:02 PM

And you thought the dates were available when you looked at the HAC calendar, but then OwnerRez didn't let you create a quote or booking because those dates were taken. Got it.

Michelle J
Aug 22, 2011 10:46 AM

We released a major update over the weekend that, among other things, included the fix for this issue. You should no longer see any issues with the HAC calendar.