Experience the difference of "Elite".

Insurance

DPVR.info
Apr 30, 2011 4:12 PM
Joined Apr, 2011 33 posts

I see that there is mention of the insurance on the checkout screen and on the Ownerreservations website, but it does not appear that the feature is implemented yet. Is there a time line to make that happen?

David

Michelle J
May 2, 2011 9:34 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi David,

We've got Travel Insurance and Damage Protection both at about 75% completeness in terms of development.

In Q4 of 2010, we decided to hold both of those features and spend more time working on core aspects of the current system. Feedback and helps requests have been pouring in at a very quick rate on things that we deemed to be more important.

We believe that existing features should be rock-solid before moving on to new ones. For instance, surcharges have a lot to be desired and there needs to be a mechanism for guests to sign leases (or the owner to upload a manual one) outside of the quote/payment form process. Both of those aspects are much more integral to the day-in/day-out process of managing bookings than insurance.

joelle m
Nov 17, 2020 5:24 PM
Joined Oct, 2020 13 posts

I am reviving this topic in hopes that someone would have an answer.
Quotes can be generated with options to purchase insurance or waive it. If guest waives or accepts it, where does this 'information' go?
In other words, is there a document I can generate or download in case I deal with a cancellation and the guest claims he didn't know he could purchase insurance for his booking.
All I seem to be able to see is whether the insurance option was presented to the guest but nothing else.
Thanks.

Paul W
Nov 18, 2020 1:36 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Joelle,

Thanks for circling back. This is actually a super old thread, so I'd suggest making a new one and creating it in the Feature Request forum so that you can up-vote it. Other OwnerRez users will be able to see and up-vote it too.

To specifically answer your question, there isn't a way to see or generate a document showing they denied it currently, but it's a great idea and something we'd like to do when we overhaul our guest verification and RA signing process.