How do you know if your property is doing well if you can't see the data?
The most important reports owners need to see usually correspond to fairly simple questions. Here are some of the simple
questions we've asked in preparing reports:
- What is my booking rate over the current year or month? How about compared to last year?
- How many repeat guests have I had this year? This month?
- How much do I make on average per reserved night?
- What is the average number of nights per reservation?
- How many adults stay on average per reserved night? Children?
- How much do I make per adult on average per reserved night?
- How much sales tax (or some other specific type of line item) did I collect this month?
- How many total reservations do I have for the current year?
- How many inquiries did I get for the current year?
- Which listing site sent me the most inquiries?
- Which listing site ended up generating the most revenue over the current year?
- How many guests purchased travel insurance or damage protection this month?
- How many quotes expired without being accepted?
- How many quotes were preempted?