We've been hard at work since our last post, running through a lot of small enhancements. We haven't added any major features, but all the little things add up.
"Gallimaufry" is one of my fun favorite words. It means a collection or hodgepodge of things with no apparent unifying theme. Comes from the name of a 16th century Middle-French meat stew where they just threw in everything :-)
Anyway, here's what's new across the board...
New regional listing sites
New CanadaStays full channel sync with push updates for listing data and rates and online quote/booking. Contact us to be added to the beta.
New Converge/Elavon gateway
New widget options
- Optional simple charges on booking widget quote instead of full description. Many requests for this one.
- Optional "From" wording on booking widget quote
- Option on booking widget to refer to "guests" vs. adults. HT. Daniel M.
- Translated booking widget to Spanish. If you would like another language, contact us and we can work with you on translation. HT Craig H.
- New availability/property search widget. If you've got a lot of properties, plop this on your site and guests can winnow down to the ones available for their dates
New hosted website options
- Option to approximate map location with a area circle instead of points and addresses
- Customizable footer template
- Bulk Block-off. Got a event like a wedding where you've sold on one booking but need to block off a bunch of other properties? Or doing maintenance on a bunch of properties at the same time? Go to Tools -> Bulk Block-Off and block them off all at once. HT Chantel C.
- Email list report to dump all inquiries and bookings to a spreadsheet with info about what properties and dates they stayed for import into MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc. HT Victoria H.
- Copy booking button to create new booking or quote -- makes it easier to add repeat guests. HT Melissa P.
- Values view for custom field definitions section in Settings. Given one field definition, you can see the values set for all properties at once. HT Maria S.
- Booking listing site fee tracking. We're working on reports for this, but you can start tracking now in the Charges tab of each booking.
Smaller things added everywhere
- Grace period option to lock code generation times to give guests a configurable number of hours on each side of their check-in/check-out times. HT Debby R.
- Rate adjustment option on channel syncs to allow increasing/decreasing rates on for each channel
- Discount column on booking import
- Booking ribbon background option to apply property color to heading. HT Uwe K.
- Season and rate columns to rate tester for easier diagnosis of how rates are generated
- Sort overlapping seasons by shortest first when choosing a season for a booking to make rate engine defaults work more intuitively
- Enhance Airbnb calendar import filtering so pending bookings, holidays, and days in advance rules are no longer imported
- Show net breakdown on tax and PM commission reports, show as rent surcharges with rent on line item summary report. HT Chris P.
Any questions on these, ask away!